Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    cayman islands
    Posts
    313

    best sponson position 15f

    what have you guys found for the best position to have ure sponons in flat water and in light chop


  2. #2
    hsdforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    French west indies
    Posts
    167
    I have R&D "pro-serie" and use in all round the upper position...

  3. #3
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    cayman islands
    Posts
    313
    am i have the riva sponsons

  4. #4
    inchadeboca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    555
    +1
    2
    i have the riva sponsons also.... i have tried all the way back in the middle setting, handles the chop good, but gives the boat too much lift at the rear in tight turns and the boat will take longer to respond once you give the input at the handlebars.....really delayed - this setting is good when i ride with my girl on the back do to added weight.

    for solo ridin i have mine set now at the same height (middle hole) but moved them forward one setting. no rear lift in turns which is good, the boat def turns more aggressively so beware, once u turn the bars it will respond immediately, handles the chop good, but alot more up and down lift on each side, kinda lika a rocking feeling when u haulin' azz thru chop, not a slow rocking, just alot faster when ur doing mid 60's.

    these are the only two settings i have tried so far. people also talk about top speed, but i have gps'd the same exact #'s on top end with these two settings.

    i am gonna try putting them in this 2nd forward setting, just gonna bring them all the way up to the bottom hole, so they come up off the water more. alot of people say its useless to have aftermarket sponsons all the way up. whatever, its worth a try, thats why they are adjustable...

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by caymanian rida View Post
    what have you guys found for the best position to have ure sponons in flat water and in light chop

    depends on how your riding style is. The more forward you ride on a ski tendency is you like the hull to bite and hook so you'll like the sponsons to do the same so the more forward they are you'll like it. If you ride back more put them back more. With them forward you will get more hard and aggressive turns not really good for 2 up, it will be jerky and not smooth but cut like a knife. With them back it will turn smooth but take longer and you will have to force it more, better for 2 up riding. It just depends on what you want. IMHO, aftermarket sponsons are worthless if they aren't all the way down regardless of the position either forwards or backwards you might as well keep the stockers.

  6. #6
    inchadeboca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    555
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by STXR814 View Post
    depends on how your riding style is. The more forward you ride on a ski tendency is you like the hull to bite and hook so you'll like the sponsons to do the same so the more forward they are you'll like it. If you ride back more put them back more. With them forward you will get more hard and aggressive turns not really good for 2 up, it will be jerky and not smooth but cut like a knife. With them back it will turn smooth but take longer and you will have to force it more, better for 2 up riding. It just depends on what you want. IMHO, aftermarket sponsons are worthless if they aren't all the way down regardless of the position either forwards or backwards you might as well keep the stockers.
    +1

    stxr814 where u been ? have u considered gettin another ski again?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    250
    Well, I've been out of the loop a bit as far as PWC's. I do come on here from time to time just to see and read the latest from you guys and throw in my old 2 cents for what its worth. After riding skis for 17yrs. my riding days may have come to an end. That might be a closed chapter in my life but don't regret any of it. My wife and I are wanting a pool in the backyard, our son is 12 and would rather have him and his friends come to our house than going out somewhere where we don't know where he is ya know. So at our house we have an open door policy anyone can come over anytime just give us a heads up especially kids so with that in mind our house is kindof the neighborhood hangout. We figured a pool would be nice for when he gets in highschool it would keep him and his friends more than going out with spare time. You and I both know what happens with kids in highschool and to much time on their hands, TROUBLE! We're just trying to prevent that before it happens is all. Plus, its alot easier to walk out the backdoor and jump in a pool then pack up crap, gas up (especially with prices these days), and tow a ski to and from the lake where I live. Plus, my ole lady said I could get a Cobra 427 replica too! So now I'm researching down that path. I'm kindof moving on I guess having an early midlife crisis. I'll be around though checking in but you guys are the ones that are moving on with all this new technology stuff and all. I'm like a guy in the 60's with pwc's compared to you guys. Have fun and be safe!

  8. #8
    H20 addicted Blu_Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu,AZ
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by STXR814 View Post
    Well, I've been out of the loop a bit as far as PWC's. I do come on here from time to time just to see and read the latest from you guys and throw in my old 2 cents for what its worth. After riding skis for 17yrs. my riding days may have come to an end. That might be a closed chapter in my life but don't regret any of it. My wife and I are wanting a pool in the backyard, our son is 12 and would rather have him and his friends come to our house than going out somewhere where we don't know where he is ya know. So at our house we have an open door policy anyone can come over anytime just give us a heads up especially kids so with that in mind our house is kindof the neighborhood hangout. We figured a pool would be nice for when he gets in highschool it would keep him and his friends more than going out with spare time. You and I both know what happens with kids in highschool and to much time on their hands, TROUBLE! We're just trying to prevent that before it happens is all. Plus, its alot easier to walk out the backdoor and jump in a pool then pack up crap, gas up (especially with prices these days), and tow a ski to and from the lake where I live. Plus, my ole lady said I could get a Cobra 427 replica too! So now I'm researching down that path. I'm kindof moving on I guess having an early midlife crisis. I'll be around though checking in but you guys are the ones that are moving on with all this new technology stuff and all. I'm like a guy in the 60's with pwc's compared to you guys. Have fun and be safe!
    My parents got a pool when i lived in california at our house. I lived at the same house for about 15 years and we never had a pool. I lived in palm springs,ca by the way, and summer heat can reach up too the 120's. I couldnt get out of the pool for the first year, having fun telling my friends to come over when parents were out of town( good timess). My pops is a contractor so we built the thing and made a huge spa, fits like 20 people. But thats my history when it comes to pools, now i live in havasu and i got the lake and no pool(no need really). Got to figure how to heat it up in winter though.

  9. #9
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    cayman islands
    Posts
    313
    so the more forward they are the more the hull will lay down in the water and the more bak they are the more the hull will stay out of the water?and the down middle and up positions? every1 puts theres in the middle because?

  10. #10
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by caymanian rida View Post
    so the more forward they are the more the hull will lay down in the water and the more bak they are the more the hull will stay out of the water?and the down middle and up positions? every1 puts theres in the middle because?
    all the way down and forward.... the boat will turn earlier and not push the nose through the turns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best Sponson for a 15F
    By Johnnyjetski in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 11:54 PM
  2. Riva Sponsons position
    By JimC in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:06 AM
  3. Riva Sponson Positions?
    By camar0 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
  4. Sponson Positioning & Effect on speed
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
  5. Best sponsons for 2000 XLL 1200?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •