Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Blow off valve

  1. #1
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28

    Blow off valve

    Hey guys, just lookin to put a blow off valve on my p-x.. just wondering where to connect the vacuum line to the inlet manifold..

    Cheers


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    If the manifold is the same as my 215 RXP there are three locations to choose from on the top of the manifold. You may have to remove the ECU to get to them & don't forget to drill out the one you decide to use

  3. #3
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    If the manifold is the same as my 215 RXP there are three locations to choose from on the top of the manifold. You may have to remove the ECU to get to them & don't forget to drill out the one you decide to use

    yup, the nipples are there. (i just used the forward most one for a boost gauge). It is really tight on the other two locations. Ecu looks like it would have to come off for the back one and the middle has an obstruction as well. it i salso much easier to do with the compartment off of the ski (it gives you elbow room for a drill)


    but once you get that out of the way its as simple as drilling with a small bit, slipping on the hose, and ziptieing it.

  4. #4
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    yup, the nipples are there. (i just used the forward most one for a boost gauge). It is really tight on the other two locations. Ecu looks like it would have to come off for the back one and the middle has an obstruction as well. it i salso much easier to do with the compartment off of the ski (it gives you elbow room for a drill)


    but once you get that out of the way its as simple as drilling with a small bit, slipping on the hose, and ziptieing it.
    Thanks a lot... What about the plastic filings from drilling out the hole?? do u ned to get them out of the inlet manifold?

  5. #5
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28

    pics

    Also can anyone post a pic of there BOV set up?? thanks guys.

  6. #6
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Thanks a lot... What about the plastic filings from drilling out the hole?? do u ned to get them out of the inlet manifold?

    honestly, i just went in a little at a time, and backed out every few seconds... there is no way to get it all out unless you take the manifold off...

    if you search "boost gauge", I came across a photo of a hose install by bigbuck... thats what i went off of.

  7. #7
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Instead of drilling it get a piece of wire that is the right diameter for the hole you need. Heat it up with a blow torch and then push it down the nipple. If you have got it hot enough it will melt its way through. Then you dont have to wory about any shavings going into the engine. R88

  8. #8
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Instead of drilling it get a piece of wire that is the right diameter for the hole you need. Heat it up with a blow torch and then push it down the nipple. If you have got it hot enough it will melt its way through. Then you dont have to wory about any shavings going into the engine. R88
    Brilliant !!!! Just use a center punch or similar

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    The tiny plastic shavings won't hurt a thing and will be vaporized at first start up but if you are concerned with it just heat the drill bit up with a torch and push it thru

  10. #10
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Thanks all

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP blow-off valve
    By Stretch in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 11:45 AM
  2. Special BOV - Blow Off Valve
    By RX951 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 01:06 PM
  3. Blow Off Valve ?
    By NeverEndn in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 01:28 PM
  4. RIVA SD Supercharger Blow-off Valve Kit an urgent question
    By amirmiz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 09:25 AM
  5. blow off valve question
    By TroyRXP15 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •