Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help/ideas to launch Seadoo boat w. NO boat ramp

I am trying to launch my sea doo speedster in my lake at my house in order to dock it while have the trailer painted.

The only thing is there is NO boat ramp, and the lake bed is a bit soggy/muddy to some extent. The shore is hard and
    stable, but I am worried about the Speedster trailer getting bogged in the lake bed once I back it in.I thought about putting some flat planks down on the lake bed, then attaching the trailer to my four-wheeler. From the
    front of the four wheeler I would attach a winch cable from by 4x4 truck and ease the whole four wheeler and boat/trailer
    set-up in to the lake. Once the boat is launched I could pull everything out with my Truck and Winch.

What do you think? Would this work? Anyone think this is crazy, or have a better idea?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tresvatos View Post
    I am trying to launch my sea doo speedster in my lake at my house in order to dock it while have the trailer painted.

The only thing is there is NO boat ramp, and the lake bed is a bit soggy/muddy to some extent. The shore is hard and
    stable, but I am worried about the Speedster trailer getting bogged in the lake bed once I back it in.I thought about putting some flat planks down on the lake bed, then attaching the trailer to my four-wheeler. From the
    front of the four wheeler I would attach a winch cable from by 4x4 truck and ease the whole four wheeler and boat/trailer
    set-up in to the lake. Once the boat is launched I could pull everything out with my Truck and Winch.

What do you think? Would this work? Anyone think this is crazy, or have a better idea?
    Sounds plausible, I have seen much less thought out launching plans work

ya this would work. you probly dont even need the truck with the winch.
    as long as you use a powerful truck that will be able to pull that trailer out.

but ya give it a try and let us know how it went.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is there any other place around the lake that would be a better launch location, even if you needed to ask permission, or pay a little?

No .. not really. my place would be about as good as any.. thanks

Sounds like you have many ideas and equipment at your disposal. I shouldn't think You'll have any problem with the empty trailer.

Bringing it back out with the boat on it? Well you got a 4x4 and a winch. Maybe air down the trailer tires for increased contact patch?

it should be fine, trailers arent that heavy.

Sounds like you have it planned out pretty well. Makes sure to post pics if you get it stuck!!!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    sounds like it will work...the trailer is light so you should have no problem. As long as the wench cable is from the truck and not the Quad. the wenches for the quads are only rated at 1,500lbs or something close and would snap with that kind of drag on it...from the truck its about 8,000 lbs... depending on what wench you have. good luck! Post some pix or video of your operation in progress

+1
    Go to the lumberyard and get 2 2"x12"x24' long boards, lay them out so that they are INSIDE the trailer wheels (let them sink in the mud). Using other boards, screw together to make a large rectangle. Slide the whole thing out into the water, leaving 5' or so on land, u may need someone to hold it still if there is a current. Back the boat in and the trailer axle will ride the boards down, so the tires can only sink so much. I did this for months b4 I got crap-load of crushed concrete and rocks to finish my launch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information