Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2004 Supercharged In "Limp Mode"????

Hi, Im new to this site and I desided to post here because it seemed like a good place.
    I just bought a 2004 GTX Supercharged 4 tech, It needs some things like the Gauge Cluster.

Well the problem is, that I put it in the water after going over all of it, and you can only get up to 5-10 mph before it will BEEEEEEEP, and cut out, until you pull the key.
    It dose 2 beeps when you put the key on, but I think the long one is the error sign.
    I have no way of knowing what it is untill I get the Gauge cluster.
    And can it do that if there is to much oil?

I dont really want to spend $500 on just a seadoo gtx gauge.

20SKU: 278001958 LCD Gauge {1} $459.77!!!!

This is not mine, but it looks just like it.

+1
    dealer can hook up buds to look for error codes. past codes and current ones.
    if you warm it up on the water for about 15 minutes at idle and a little bit of throttle you can properly check the oil.
    once well warmed up, shut off ski, wait 1-2 minutes for oil to settle.
    then measure oil on dipstick, ski must be level, best way to level is let ski float along side a flaoting dock, and measure the dipstick from the dock while ski is floating perfectly level.
    oil should be exactly midway btw the 2 bends. or very close to midway.
    2 keys to a good oil check are level ski (in the water ) and warmed up engine.
    first thing to check is the SC clutches.
    with the ski off, remove the SC intake hose, feel inside if the SC fanblade is spinning(bad) or tightly locked by the gears(good)
    if it clicks a tiny bit back and forth thats ok, thats a bit of play in the gears. but if its wobbly of spins , your SC washers are blown.
    if the washers are blown, dont run the engine, your oil pumps could be clogged starving your engine of oil and thats why your engine is shuting down. then you gotta get teh engine looked at by a professional dealer to clean and rebuild.
    if SC is ok, then we'll assume the engine is runnign good for now and go for the oil check procedure.

Thumbs up

This is awesome, real pro advise, I know there is to much oil so I'll google or what ever to find the oil drain plug, or what ever it may have, And drain a little. Actually, I will change it cause who knows the last time its been done.

Once I wake up in the morning I will Go do the oil procedure, by letting it idle (I'll probly sit on it and do circles in the water for added fun)
    BUT, ONLY after I check for play in the SuperCharger turbine blades, cause u said its bad to run it like that.

I'll have a stat report for you in the morn, also please don't anyone hesitate to lend a idea, Thank You!

+1
    welcome to the forum !

Download a service manual from this link:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63168

Then buy a vacuum pump. You will use the pump to extract warm oil through the dipstick... Ron

+1
    xBigDaddyx117,
    You came to the right place, welcome.
    Please read the link below, and use caution.
    Out of warranty repairs on a 4 stroke can cost you thousands, and major engine work can go over $6,000.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

All the manuel links are down or something, It just gave me this

"Hello 97.103.167.33 you are using Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 3.5.21022) you are somewhere you shouldn't be......go back "

Everytime i click on something.

Anyway I ordered a shop manuel off ebay.

Also I went out this morning and I took the hoses off the SC, and did NOT like what I saw, At the bottom of the SC, in the intake hose there was alot of oil, I don't think that is good cause it will travle up into the intake.
    Would this be cause from 2 much oil in the motor, As there was to much.

Also I checked for the freespin in the SC, I pushed on the blades back and forth, and it just did the little play like the gears are moving, so I assume thats normal. Although if I pressed hard enough it would spin, but I still think its good.

I have to make another trailer to get it out the water cause the one it came with is scrap. What would you recomend I try to look at or do after i get it out?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post

Then buy a vacuum pump. You will use the pump to extract warm oil through the dipstick... Ron

Is this the only way? I can make one but, there is not a plug?

+1
    Yes the vacuum pump is the best plug is in front and low oil drains in the hull and would be a mess. check to see if someone is near you and can help out or the online store sells them. Oh and welcome

+1
    use the dipstick to extract oil with an oil extractor.
    oil in the SC intake probably indicates too much oil in the crankcase.
    there is a crankcase vent. it is a black hose wich leads from the top left of the front of the engine to the airbox. it is held on by butterfly spring clamps. take it off and drain it too. probably has alot fo oil in it, no sense letting it get sucked into the intake. dont change the oil yet, get it to the right level, double check its not milky or watery or super dark, and run it for an hour or so, then change the oil and filter when its good and hot and dirty. read up on the oil change procedure to do it correctly!!!!
    i dont think the SC is supposed to slip with finger pressure, can someone please confirm?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information