Sho trailer problem.

No matter what I do, I can't get the sho on the trailer straight. I adjusted one bunk they look even. I like to submerge the trailer all the way in to avoid scuff marks, which I have anyway(could be from the dealer), crank it till the wheel hits the hull and have somebody steer the back as I pull up. It seems like one side is always resting on a chine, which I don't know is a big deal or not, although I do have two nice gashes, one on each side underneath on the chines, don't know if it could be from this or not. Any suggestions?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleaves View Post
    No matter what I do, I can't get the sho on the trailer straight. I adjusted one bunk they look even. I like to submerge the trailer all the way in to avoid scuff marks, which I have anyway(could be from the dealer), crank it till the wheel hits the hull and have somebody steer the back as I pull up. It seems like one side is always resting on a chine, which I don't know is a big deal or not, although I do have two nice gashes, one on each side underneath on the chines, don't know if it could be from this or not. Any suggestions?
    You are putting the trailer in to far when loading it. You have to use the bunks to line it up. I figure about 1/2 of a 6 foot bunk should be in the water.

It is not uncommon to have the front spread out farther than the back.

+1
    Here's a thread I started when setting up my trailer. If your bunks are set up right, you only have to pull the ski partially on to the trailer until it finds the groove, so if you want avoid scuffing the hull you can winch it the rest of the way. I have a Triton LT wich allows for adjustment of both the width and angle of the bunks. I found the easiest way to adjust the bunks was with the ski on the trailer. I winched the bow a bit further up the bow roller, then jacked up the stern with an automotive jack. I used a piece of 2x4 between the jack and ride plate to keep from marking up the plate and lifted one side at a time so the ski would roll and rest on one bunk while lifting it off the opposite one. This way you can line up the bunks so they fit perfectly between the chines.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70603

+1
    Also make sure to put some chocks on the trailer wheels or leave it hitched to your car so it doesn't roll of the jack while you're working on it. I made my own chocks by cutting some angled sections os 2x4 with a circular saw.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Also make sure to put some chocks on the trailer wheels or leave it hitched to your car so it doesn't roll of the jack while you're working on it. I made my own chocks by cutting some angled sections os 2x4 with a circular saw.

Thanks, I have a loadrite. I was figuring on bringing it to the dealer. Do you think I have or will cause any damage with it resting on the ribs of the hull?

Ramming speed Mr Zulu! TeamYamSHO's Avatar
    Thanks, I have a loadrite. I was figuring on bringing it to the dealer. Do you think I have or will cause any damage with it resting on the ribs of the hull?
    This happens to me too, im going to adjust the bunks..
    I have a continental trailer.

+1
    I had mine sitting on the chines for a couple weeks before I got aroung to fixing it so you're I'm sure it's fine. If you haven't noticed anything besides scuff marks I wouldn't worry about it.

+1

bunks ?

you might want to use liquid rollers on your bunks to have less friction betwwen your hull and the bunks.i use it with my gpr.just be sure you have the ski secured on the trailer when you are not on even ground.the ski will slide very easily when you use it.

Thread Information