Can someone Please help!!!!

I am new to the pwc world and I have a major problem with my 1994 Polaris SL750. I was out riding it and it was running fine and then it just stopped. When it stopped in the water it was running good as far as the engine, but would not move. I checked the intake for debri and none found. I removed the prop. and found that when I pulled back on the shaft it engaged, but pushing forward it would slip. I believe it is in the shaft. The mechanic said it is supposed to have a rubber bumper on both ends of the shaft and I don't believe that they were there. I want to get any opinions I can about what it could be and how much it might cost to fix it. Thanks guys. I live to ride so I want to get her back in the water as soon as I can.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YZBADBOY View Post
    I am new to the pwc world and I have a major problem with my 1994 Polaris SL750. I was out riding it and it was running fine and then it just stopped. When it stopped in the water it was running good as far as the engine, but would not move. I checked the intake for debri and none found. I removed the prop. and found that when I pulled back on the shaft it engaged, but pushing forward it would slip. I believe it is in the shaft. The mechanic said it is supposed to have a rubber bumper on both ends of the shaft and I don't believe that they were there. I want to get any opinions I can about what it could be and how much it might cost to fix it. Thanks guys. I live to ride so I want to get her back in the water as soon as I can.

Is sounds like your coupler on the engine is shot can you post a pic of the engine coupler thats where the shaft slips into the back of the engine .

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk YZ.

The bumpers are about 1/4" thick. One at each end would only be about 1/2". Not enough for the driveshaft to slip out of the coupler or impeller.

It does sound like the impeller or coupler splines are bad.

Inspect the driveshaft splines, impeller splines and coupler splines. Replace which are bad if any. Also get the bumpers for the ends.

Easy and relatively cheap fix IMO.

Thanks for the help I will post the pic tomorrow. I hope its not expensive to fix being a student I am always strapped for cash LOL LOL

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    I have a coupler and shaft in excellent condition if ya need them. Let me know if I can help.

Can you tell me how much you want for them and what you think shipping would be. My zip code 37664. Thank you very much

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Pm sent.

Thread Information