Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subzero

Subzero

Right now, it's -8 degrees with a wind chill of -34 here in MN! My eyeballs were in pain just walking into work from the parking lot.

I gotta get out of this friggin' state. My son is about to turn 14. Once he goes off to college, the wife and I are definitely moving to a place were I can boat and ride year round. I'm thinking about South Carolina. Can anybody recommend good cities to live around there?

I live in Seneca SC on Lake Keowee. It is 61 degrees today and am looking at the Blue Ridge Mountains over the lake. Im originally a Damned Yankee from NY but Southern by choice. I love it here. Clemson University is 15 minutes away. Greenville Airport 50 minutes and Atlanta is 2 hours. Country Living, Nice ambient temp, Nice folks. Im in heaven. Lake prices are being driven up exponentially over the past few years but off lake land is still quite reasonable.

Seneca does look like a nice area, but I also need an area with high-tech companies. I'm currently a Systems Test Engineer with Seagate and I'd be looking for similar work. Anybody familiar with Columbia and Charleston areas?

Punch up Greenville SC and check corp listings. BMW has a major production plant (Greer) and alot of ancillary, support companys are in place around it. They are big into robotics at BMW so there may be something there. (Of course I'll want the family discount on a new BMW if you hook up.)
    We also have a Duke Power Nuclear Facility on Keowee which may avail you of employment. (If this is your choice I require no finders fee. I don't require any plutonium nor radiation- Thanks)

That being said... We love Charleston.

Keowee

Lake Keowee SC- It's also our drinking water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lakeside_381.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	5366  

That's a beautiful lake. How big?

26 miles long.

I live in Charleston and it was 75 today with 5 mph wind. I've been riding all winter and it's been great. Today was nice and a small water shed is 5 miles from the house, it's about 10 to 15 miles long and runs all the way to the inter-coastal waterway. One hour away is lake moltey and it's big.
    Lot of high tech job here too. and more coming in every day. But the humidity will kill you in the summer. 90 with 100%, it gets hotttt!!!
    Mike

How long does the severe heat and humidity last?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information