GP1200R engine question

I just had the pump liner and bearings replaced in the ski. I noticed on take off the engine boggs down a bit then finally shoots up rpm's and the powervalves open and my wide open speed is normal (64 mph). Is it because the bearings/grease in the prop have to get broken in? I remember when I took it out yesturday it did that bogging down for a bit then i thought it worked itself out because I would go from wide open then let off the throttle completely then gunned it again and it didn't bog but then after a few more runs the same day it started bogging again through the midrange. Could it be because one of the pistons is leaning out. The reason why I say that is because one land with the hose on it, alot of (what looks like) unused gas or oil is leaving the pipe and it leaves a big black oily spot on the grass. This wasn't the case in the past where it was running clean with mostly smoke and clear water leaving the pipe. The plugs are very wet black and watery now. I am wondering if the oil distribution is bad. I had new check valves and oil lines put in some time ago. Could the spark gap be to wide? I gap at .41 (.39 - .43) I have been running 93 octane could that be why it's not buring the fuel right?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Nextel PTT:
    158*31*2904
    (954)410-2478

[email protected]

Welcome byte ....glad you got the e-mail............they will be here soon.........

Not sure what your problem is, but one thing I would recommend is to go premix.

+1
    Sounds like it could be ignition related to me.
    Scott.........

So maybe the gap is to much? I always gap around .41
    I dont know but it's frustrating me because the engine was running fine before they put the new pump housing/bearings in. Maybe my carbs are gummed up or the jetting?

+1
    check adj. on power valve cables allso look at back of carb's is accelerator pump arm moving( might what to shoot some lube in there anyways

later cdpcb

the problem is you remplace the liner now you have les clerance bet impeller and liner so you need to re ajust the carbs

+1
    sounds like too much oil in the gas. it would happen to me when i would run a little extra oil in the gas with my oil injection still intact

What about 1 oily plug on an engine that still has the oil injectors? Does that indicate lean mixture on that cylinder?

Thread Information