Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question Temp Sensor In Intercooler Pipe. Possible?

I Want To Put A Temp Sensor On The Off Side Of The Intercooler And Was Wondering If This Is Possible. Are The Pressures To High In The Pipes And Am I Just Asking For Leaks Or Can It Be Done??

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by STSPERFORMANCE View Post
    I Want To Put A Temp Sensor On The Off Side Of The Intercooler And Was Wondering If This Is Possible. Are The Pressures To High In The Pipes And Am I Just Asking For Leaks Or Can It Be Done??

It really hasn't been done, but if you seal it like the sensors in the manifold, you should be fine...

Some would like to see the temp of the air BEFORE the IC (maybe mount it in the end cap) and AFTER the IC (maybe mount it in the block off)...

+1
    Where Is The Block Off After The Intercooler?

+1
    Hmmm. . . you just gave me an idea. Where is the L temp sensor?

temp sensor

Quote Originally Posted by STSPERFORMANCE View Post

just put a bung in your pipe that goes to the throttle boday and add the sensor below. i plan on doing this before next season. once yu have the sensor you just need a way to read it. so either get a hand held unit or get a data logger.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=265&page=2

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...roductid=16204

speedo

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Hmmm. . . you just gave me an idea. Where is the L temp sensor?

i think it is in the speedo.

the stock system measures a.i.t. but you can only acces it from buds. i read somewhere that someone had done what you are thinking and rewired the harness so that the air temp sensor on the meter showed air intake temo instead of outside air.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    i think it is in the speedo.
    Well, it has an L temp and an E temp. I understood those to mean "Lake" and "Environment". Then again, that doesn't make much sense either. Later I though that perhaps E meant "exhaust" and is reading the exhaust just out the water box. Either way, there are 2 temp readouts in the display and only 1 of them is sensed in the gauge cluster. Where is the other sensor?

+1
    THINK i WILL JUST WELD A BUNG ON THE THROTTLE BODY PIPE UNLESS YOU GUYS COME UP WITH AN EASIER WAY.

manual

Well, it has an L temp and an E temp. I understood those to mean "Lake" and "Environment". Then again, that doesn't make much sense either. Later I though that perhaps E meant "exhaust" and is reading the exhaust just out the water box. Either way, there are 2 temp readouts in the display and only 1 of them is sensed in the gauge cluster. Where is the other sensor?

looking at the manual right now give me a sec.....

not tonight

the e temp sensor is located in the small storage compartment and wires directly to the dash display. the m.a.t.s is in the manifold right next to the blockoff. i wonder if it would be as simple as splicing into the manifold one and sendind the signal to the dash?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information