Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105

    MATRIX/MSX 140 JD Intake Grate

    There has been confusion between the Jet Dynamics intake grates available for the MSX.
    The set back grate for the MSX hull is the type 14 BUT the 70 will work, it just requires more grinding/cutting than the 14.
    The 14's are pretty much gone but the 70 can be made identical to a 14 cut back.

    The main difference between the 70 and 14 is the extra side wings at the mounting screw area. These are cut off and you then have a basic 14 that needs to be cut back.

    While talking with Glen, he suggested I call Randy at Watcon and get one ground from him. I had to chuckle as I get 95% of my performance goodies from Randy...intake grate included.


  2. #2
    I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lomita, aka Slowmita
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    7
    Which one do I have Al?, Randy was so busy all the time I never got the chance to talk with him at length, but what a super guy from the little I got to talk with him

  3. #3
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    You have the 70 which has already had the "wings" cut off.
    It's just a matter of getting the grate cut back and you'll be cruising with an awesome race grate.
    Can't wait to see what you think.

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,596
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    You have the 70 which has already had the "wings" cut off.
    It's just a matter of getting the grate cut back and you'll be cruising with an awesome race grate...
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    There has been confusion between the Jet Dynamics intake grates available for the MSX.
    The set back grate for the MSX hull is the type 14 BUT the 70 will work, it just requires more grinding/cutting than the 14.
    The 14's are pretty much gone but the 70 can be made identical to a 14 cut back.

    The main difference between the 70 and 14 is the extra side wings at the mounting screw area. These are cut off and you then have a basic 14 that needs to be cut back...
    Perhaps someone can post a diagram of these different variations.

    I am having trouble visualizing how these Jet Dynamics intake grates differ (14 vs. 70), and how the modifications differ.

  5. #5
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Wish I had a photo of the 70, maybe their web site?

  6. #6
    I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lomita, aka Slowmita
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    7
    member this thread.....there some pic's of my 70 on it Al
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=62277&page=3

  7. #7
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,596
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Wish I had a photo of the 70, maybe their web site?
    Does Jet Dynamics have a web site?

    Pirate's photo are of the Randy modified JD 70.

  8. #8
    I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lomita, aka Slowmita
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    7
    I believe my 70 was not modified, only change made was by me and DanKetchpel on the center bar to make it fit the MSX tunnel and a little clean up work on the main blade - Al sent it to Randy for the correct cut back on the blade

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB - Parts Wanted - MSX 150/110 intake grate
    By HiPeRcO in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 06:34 PM
  2. FS MSX JD Intake Grates
    By 785 lugs in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 10:17 PM
  3. Need intake grate for 03 MSX 140, Please!
    By Snowtb in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 02:27 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 11:49 AM
  5. MSX/Matrix Intake Grate
    By Altron in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 07:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •