Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi Temp Going off

I have a 2003 4tec limited supercharged. I am getting the hi temp sensor going off at 6k rpm does not do it below that. But there and above it is shutting me down does anyone have any suggestions?

Catawba Island, Ohio
    Are you loosing any antifreeze? Do you ride in areas that have sea grass? I would start by cleaning the small screen which is located in the 90 degree fitting on the top of the pump. This filters cooling water for the exhaust system... Ron

South Chicagoland
    Did this just start to happen??? or did you make some modifications to your craft and then it started to happen??

yes i have coolant first thing i checked. I i check no blockage anywhere visible. This just started happening yesterday.

New Windsor, NY
    Take a look at this thread...sounds like some similarities although my machine never went into limp mode.

mine does too but only until it stops beeping.

ok I hooked up the ski in the driveway and ran it at 4k rpms and up and did not over heat?? I am confused. anymore help

New Windsor, NY
    You ought to try and do what I did in the thread I sent.

In the end, it came down to a partially clogged IC which I cleaned out by running coil cleaner through. I disconnected the inlet and outlet hoses of the IC and connected it to a bilge pump....ran coil cleaner through it both ways.

I also blew compressed air through the small 1/4" line off the top of the IC on my RXP-X...that line was plugged with mud.

I also blew some compressed air through the remainder of the open loop cooling system lines and exhaust manifold.

I ran it hard on Saturday through some heavy chop for about 80 miles and not a single beep.

mine is an 03 S/C I do not have an I/C That was the upgrade for the next year. Even though I do want one. I hooked the hose up the the J Pipe connection on top ran water thru it and no problems there either. I do appreciate the post of yours though I did read it so i did the other stuff and skipped the i/c part.

Morgan City, LA
    The H Temp alarm is an exhaust overheat alarm. You could have a clog in your J pipe or it could be as simple as a bad exhaust temp sensor.

In the end of your J pipe where it goes into the water box there is three tiny holes. One of these could be clogged up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information