Question: 250X vs 250 lx

Good day to you all.

I have a question in which I hope, actually, I'm positive someone will be able to help.

I just bought a 2007 250X. I rode a sea-doo a few weeks back and fell in love with PWC. I have been riding sleds (snowmobiles) since the age of 7 and now in my middle age crisis.

I'm not well educated in the PWC however, from what I read, I definitely wanted it to be a Kawasaki; so here is the question.

What is the difference between the 250X and the 250 lx. I understand the compression ratio is different, however, is that the only difference? Are they not both 3 seaters?

Basically, was I nuts to buy this in order to have some fun with the wife and kids? I was planning on bringing the family along the rivers and lakes for summer fun. Of course that's my primary excuse, however, I will be having plenty of single rides.

Let me know and thank you

Congratulations on your new toy. Go to kawasaki.com and you will get all of your questions answered. Biggest difference is super charged vs non super charged.

Well there is not a 250 LX, there is a Ultra LX which is the non supercharged. Compression ratio is less on the 250X because it has a supercharger on it.
    I have both a 250X and my wife has the unsupercharged LX, both look the same other than the color and speed which is my 66mph to her 54mph.

Quote Originally Posted by DW250X View Post
    Well there is not a 250 LX, there is a Ultra LX which is the non supercharged. Compression ratio is less on the 250X because it has a supercharger on it.
    I have both a 250X and my wife has the unsupercharged LX, both look the same other than the color and speed which is my 66mph to her 54mph.
    How does your wife like the 250lx?

Quote Originally Posted by louch View Post
    Its not a 250LX, its an Ultra LX.

There are twoUltra models for 07 and 08, they are the Ultra 250X and Ultra LX

Now for 2009 there is an Ultra 260LX but its not available yet I believe. Basically the difference is in the seat and a few things like that.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Watercraft.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by louch View Post
    (Ultra LX)
    We purchased the last 07 (blue & white) leftover at my dealership this past summer a deal I could not turn down.
    Does very well in the heavy chop and the 20 gal tank works out great for those long cruises.
    It has good acceleration, but falls short on topend with only 160hp. Good stability and storage.
    It's a big cruiser and that what it does best.
    Not a 250lx just Ultra LX...

+1
    its not the 160hp that makes it fall short in top end, its the 160hp on the 950lb hull all together

Quote Originally Posted by DW250X View Post
    (Ultra LX)...It's a big cruiser and that what it does best....Not a 250lx just Ultra LX...
    I think this LX is a great call. Better gas mileage, runs on 87. No SC & no IC. Lose top end but the ski must be way more reliable for long hauls. Still have all the storage. When I looked into LX engine compartment I liked the simplicity.

Plus you can cruise at 45 with foot up on seat with a 'cool pop' in one hand crossing over wake and don't feel like it'll throw ya or foam up your pop. That's true for both ultras.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I think this LX is a great call. Better gas mileage, runs on 87. No SC & no IC. Lose top end but the ski must be way more reliable for long hauls. Still have all the storage. When I looked into LX engine compartment I liked the simplicity.
    The 250x is awesome its engine is metal without the plastic panels, it doesnt have fancy stuff its just a good ski.

Thread Information