Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just watched 'the happening' and.. wtf?!

Shamalan's movies have gotten worse and worse since the sixth sense.. which is really unfortunate since the sixth sense was such a great film...

I just got done watching 'the happening' on rental.. and I have absolutely no idea what I just watched. tne movie made sense on a very basic level.. but seemed to have really no point or explanation for anything that happened.

Is it just me?

Did anyone else notice that not only was the movie bad.. the acting was simply aweful??

Your thoughts?

I no longer watch any movies by that joker. Six sense was a great movie, but his subsiquent movies sucked. I watched Unbreakable, & Signs, and figured I'd never get those 4 hours of my life back. Since Signs, I have refused to watch any of his movies, no matter how good people say they are.

i was sleeping by the time the previews ended

+1
    Im still trying to figure out what the hell happened in that movie...It was horrible.I cant believe i wasted 2 hours of my life on that movie...Im not sure what was worse lady in the water or the happening..

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    great. I bought the movie and haven't watched it yet. Maybe I should take it back...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post
    great. I bought the movie and haven't watched it yet. Maybe I should take it back...

I have blockbuster online so i dont buy them unless i watch them first.Enjoy Mike,lol...

Signs was O.K.
    EVERYTHING else has been complete garbage.. and yet the previews succeed in making them look awesome. The village was a perfect example. The previews were freaky as hell.. and it turned out to be a complete joke..

This one is the worst to date. People are killing themselves throughout the entire movie, they think its something in the air- like some sort of neuro-toxin, and then it just stops suddenly 24hrs later and the movie ends??!!
    The only explanation you get is some scientist in the end saying 'this is only the beginning' and etc.

Above and beyond all that, the acting was simply awful. People are dying and the military guy says 'golly cheese and crackers'? Are you kidding?

Walberg is a good actor. He needs to pick his roles more carefully. It seems like he just takes any role that comes along.

I really cant say enough bad things about this movie.

Regardless, can anyone offer any type of explanation as to what the hell this movie was actually about??

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post

Take it back immediately. DO NOT Open it. Exchange it for iron man.

If you really are curious, rent it. maybe you can see the point in it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Signs was O.K.
    EVERYTHING else has been complete garbage.. and yet the previews succeed in making them look awesome. The village was a perfect example. The previews were freaky as hell.. and it turned out to be a complete joke..

This one is the worst to date. People are killing themselves throughout the entire movie, they think its something in the air- like some sort of neuro-toxin, and then it just stops suddenly 24hrs later and the movie ends??!!
    The only explanation you get is some scientist in the end saying 'this is only the beginning' and etc.

Above and beyond all that, the acting was simply awful. People are dying and the military guy says 'golly cheese and crackers'? Are you kidding?

Walberg is a good actor. He needs to pick his roles more carefully. It seems like he just takes any role that comes along.

Regardless, can anyone offer any type of explanation as to what the hell this movie was actually about??

I completly agree with all you said.it was god awful.My 14 yr old daughter liked this movie(i dont know why).i was literally sitting there at the end of this movie looking at my daughter and said WTF just happened???I would rather watch the village 10 times than this movie again...Take it back mike and rent it if you really want to see it.NOT worth buying!!!!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Signs was O.K.

Its about change.

Changing money from your pocket, to Shamalan's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information