Corrosion on Engine

I searched the forums and found one regarding taking off the cover on the sho engine. I thought about doing this in the past but after reading decided to do it. My engine after 20 hrs. looks like it is about 10 years old. The parts that can corrode are and were after my very first ride. I know my ski sat outside the dealer for a while and I also listened to the dealer when they said just flush out engine. After coming on this and other forums I learned there is alot more to maintenance than just flushing with water. This was my first ski so therefore this has been a learning process. I sprayed the engine with salt away, after it dried I sprayed the corred areas with crc and used silcone spray for the rest. I don't think this will cause any problems, just wished it looked the way it should! I also had a hard time getting to some of the areas on the bottom of the block.

+1
    I sprayed the crap out of mine before I even put in the water for the first time and will after each usage -- especially after salt water.

Colour/Production Copier Tech wazza's Avatar
    On delivery of my SHO Cruiser, the dealer removed the engine cover, coated the entire engine bay with a spray of Inox. It is a clear, non-greasy spray which protects all metal parts. After almost 10hrs in salt water, the whole engine bay looks like brand new. Under the engine cover is spotless. I give the engine bay/under engine cover a quick spray after each ride anyway to continue to protect everything (after the flush procedure of course).
    Apparently it is alot better that WD40 and similar products as it will not harm plastics, rubber & cables. It is a bio-degradeable liquid. Smell is not bad, but does a great job. Highly recommend it!

I did mine with silicone spray when I first got it, and last week took off 'GCshogirls' cover and sprayed her's for her-----it just makes sense and it's a two minute job.

New Hampshire Physically, Maine/Canada Mentally!
    So for the engine/wires/all points application, is Inox lubricant or Fluid Film better,,, or are they both absolutely perfect for engine/wires/all points application?

i sprayed mine with inox before i put it in the water from new, and after every ride.. i also pull the engine cover off after every ride and still spray it..... I have a mate that bought his 1mth ago and it has 12hrs on it and he has never sprayed anything on his sho... I poped the seat off and nearly fell over.. I have seen 5yr old skis with 200hrs on them in beta condition... The corrosion was WILD!!! he didnt think he had to because the dealer never told him.. and it is his first ski..... I spent a day helping him make it look good again... but its still not 100%.. but much betta....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by qldbench View Post
    i sprayed mine with inox before i put it in the water from new, and after every ride.. i also pull the engine cover off after every ride and still spray it..... I have a mate that bought his 1mth ago and it has 12hrs on it and he has never sprayed anything on his sho... I poped the seat off and nearly fell over.. I have seen 5yr old skis with 200hrs on them in beta condition... The corrosion was WILD!!! he didnt think he had to because the dealer never told him.. and it is his first ski..... I spent a day helping him make it look good again... but its still not 100%.. but much betta....
    That sucks for your friend that the dealer did not tell him but this was covered by the owner's manual. It is right there on page 88.

Thread Information