Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

NOAH's Ark built to scale

pretty kewl !

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Man Builds Noah[/FONT][FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']ʼs Ark (exact scale given in Bible)[/FONT]

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Working Replica of Noah's Ark Opened In SCHAGEN, Netherlands . The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was opened the first crowd of curious townsfolk to behold the wonder. Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark , built by Dutch Creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible. The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house. Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras, bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold. A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine. Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Huibers did the work mostly with his own hands, using modern tools and with occasional help from his son Roy. Construction began in May 2005. On the uncovered top deck - not quite ready in time for the opening - will come a petting zoo, with baby lambs and chickens, and goats, and one camel.[/FONT]

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Visitors on the first day were stunned. 'It's past comprehension', said Mary Louise Starosciak, who happened to be bicycling by with her husband while on vacation when they saw the ark looming over the local landscape.[/FONT]

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']'I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big.' There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark. Huibers, a Christian man, said he hopes the project will renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands, where church going has fallen dramatically in the past 50 years.[/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file000.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	99057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file001.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	99058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file002.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	99059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file003.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	99060   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file004.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	99061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file005.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	99062  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file006.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	99063  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    pretty kewl !

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Man Builds Noah[/font][FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']ʼs Ark (exact scale given in Bible)[/font]

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Working Replica of Noah's Ark Opened In SCHAGEN, Netherlands . The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was opened the first crowd of curious townsfolk to behold the wonder. Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark , built by Dutch Creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible. The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house. Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras, bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold. A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine. Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.[/font]
    [FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Huibers did the work mostly with his own hands, using modern tools and with occasional help from his son Roy. Construction began in May 2005. On the uncovered top deck - not quite ready in time for the opening - will come a petting zoo, with baby lambs and chickens, and goats, and one camel.[/font]

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']Visitors on the first day were stunned. 'It's past comprehension', said Mary Louise Starosciak, who happened to be bicycling by with her husband while on vacation when they saw the ark looming over the local landscape.[/font]

[FONT='Footlight MT Light','serif']'I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big.' There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark. Huibers, a Christian man, said he hopes the project will renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands, where church going has fallen dramatically in the past 50 years.[/font]
    Definitly awesome! As a God fearing man, myself, I can appreciate this.

it does make it hard to take the Bible literally though.

Banned User
    +1
    I wonder if it has a delamination issue at speed

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I wonder if it has a delamination issue at speed
    lol....

wonder what kind of washers he's using in the supercharger...

thats amazing......

+1
    very interesting, There was a movie where someone made an ark. I enjoyed that but can't remember the name.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    very interesting, There was a movie where someone made an ark. I enjoyed that but can't remember the name.
    I would be interested in knowing, if you can remember.

Man, he needs Jim's rideplate mod, for sure. Get the elephants' butts out of the water.

Ever wondered, why, if all it was designed for was to float and ride the current, it was buit elongated, and not square?

Religious or not thats pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    lol....

wonder what kind of washers he's using in the supercharger...

thats amazing......
    He wouldn't be. For that big of boat the 1.5L 4tec just won't cut it. Have to go with the 1.8L SHO engine.

I bet the tree lovers are having a field day with this one. They just wiped out 10 forests to build it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    He wouldn't be. For that big of boat the 1.5L 4tec just won't cut it. Have to go with the 1.8L SHO engine.

I bet the tree lovers are having a field day with this one. They just wiped out 10 forests to build it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information