What about Methanol Injection?

Has any thought of usin Water/Methanol Injection on there SHO's? Here is some info that I got off of a site. I think I'm gonna do some research and consider tryin it
    "Water / Methanol Injection Kit reduces air inlet temperatures and exhaust-gas temperatures, which allows you to increase boost pressure and advance timing without having to run higher-octane fuel. Itís like getting to run 100+ octane gas for the price of Premium!"

Let me know wha uny tink?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by R3_killa View Post
    Has any thought of usin Water/Methanol Injection on there SHO's? Here is some info that I got off of a site. I think I'm gonna do some research and consider tryin it
    "Water / Methanol Injection Kit reduces air inlet temperatures and exhaust-gas temperatures, which allows you to increase boost pressure and advance timing without having to run higher-octane fuel. Itís like getting to run 100+ octane gas for the price of Premium!"

Let me know wha uny tink?
    Just get a better intercooler in there.

i have done some research on this also and asked the forum what they thought. feedback was negative, but i'm gonna do it anyway. i also want to build a better intercooler. i plan on using the meth injection like nitrous (as needed) that way your not constantly filling an extra fuel cell, however if at any point my mods become too much for mid grade fuel i can just run it all the time. i also plan on installing a sneaky pete nitrous set-up and using meth instead of gas.

Ok..yeah. I think its a good way to definetly help out with the heat that these MONSTER'S put out I use meth' injection in my 750hp FD3S and it helps that a lot! And we should all know how much heat a rotary produces. I personally think it is something we all should check it out. Thanks for the feedback SHOTIME
    As for intercooler, I have in the R&D Stage 1 intercooler but will be switching it in a few weeks with R&D 300HP+ Intercooler set up. Don't you think it will be good enough?

i have a few laminova intercooler cores and i'm going to make a custom intercooler for myself, i shouldn't have more than $150 into it by the time i'm done and i am hoping it will be as good or better than any thing i could buy for less than $1000. time will tell and i'll be sure to post pictures and results when done! my meth source told me that meth injection should be worth at least 25-30hp on the stock sho motor not to mention better fuel economy.

Well be sure to send me pics of the intercooler when ur done and good luck. I'm goin wit de AEM Meth' Kit.

i'm going with the becoool injection kit. the aem looks nice, but i'm cheap and i also know the guy who sells them. a fuel cell should be easy enough to find...i hope!!

Thread Information