+1

RXP pump pressure

I got a chance to test my pump pressure this weekend and was a little shocked. With all my mods(see sig.) at 8560rpm's and 83.5 mph I was only seeing 45 psi. I deffinately don't have a fast ski but I thought it would be higher than that. I am going to try my pressure relief mod next weekend and see what happens, not expecting much though. I have never had a bucking issue so I don't know if 45 psi is good or bad. Thats all I have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    I got a chance to test my pump pressure this weekend and was a little shocked. With all my mods(see sig.) at 8560rpm's and 83.5 mph I was only seeing 45 psi. I deffinately don't have a fast ski but I thought it would be higher than that. I am going to try my pressure relief mod next weekend and see what happens, not expecting much though. I have never had a bucking issue so I don't know if 45 psi is good or bad. Thats all I have for now.

I don't have a fast ski!??? What do you consider fast! 100 mph! I call the B.S.! Your ski quick as hell!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    thanks for the info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post

I don't have a fast ski!??? What do you consider fast! 100 mph! I call the B.S.! Your ski quick as hell!
    Thanks Muddy but you know that its never good enough and besides there are alot of guys on here with faster chit than mine

+1
    Don't know if this helps but a GPR usually has over 60psi without pressure relief at that speed and is either bucking or about to.

At 90+ its a struggle to keep it below that with several different combined ways of bleeding off pressure.

+1
    I've seen it posted (I think by Jerry) that the buck/launch doesn't become an issue on the RXP until 85 mph.

It appears to me that the RXP seems to be the hull most resistant to the buck stock.

+1
    By the way, thanks for sharing, suck my wake.

+1
    Mike I have seen it mentioned at 85-90 mph for the RXP. I believe the reason we do not see it much is that there is a large section of the hull in the water, that and there are very few people running those speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I've seen it posted (I think by Jerry) that the buck/launch doesn't become an issue on the RXP until 85 mph.

It appears to me that the RXP seems to be the hull most resistant to the buck stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    By the way, thanks for sharing, suck my wake.
    No problem, I am working on getting up over 85 so I will report my findings when I do.

Thread Information