Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: warranty mods

warranty mods

Is there any non warranty voiding mods available. I already installed the pump wedge kit, and iam wondering if there is anymore. Can you even put a pump wedge kit on, not that they would even notice..

Most wouldn't notice unless they are working in that area or are looking for a reason not to warranty it. From what we see going on at most dealers a lot of techs don't know whats going on anyway. And thats a bad thing for me to say as a kawi tech, but i call it like i see it...

Get another timing plate to cut so you can swap out if you have a problem. Most of the stuff you can take on/off easily without notice. Get a rideplate.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Get another timing plate to cut so you can swap out if you have a problem. Most of the stuff you can take on/off easily without notice. Get a rideplate.
    As I have said here and on the other sides may a time when the warranty void ?? comes up.

No manufacturer can void there warranty on any thing just because you modded it.

now before everybody starts argueing my comment let me explain.

before a warranty claim can be rejected they have to prove that the mod was DIRECTLY responsible for the failure of the part in question.

EG if you fit a wedge and the head gasket blows , there is no way in hell that the wedge caused the gasket to brake, or the cam chain to snap.
    unless when u put the wedge in you stuffed up a water line and that was the cause , as it overheated, understand wot I am saying.

So even if you do the exhaust mod up grade and the fuel pump fails, you will still be covered, as the exhaust WAS NOT the direct cause for the failed part.

if you put a pulley kit on and the ECU unit, or adjustable steering column snaps, they cant denei the clam,

but if you run lean and burn a valve or melt a piston , then the pulley kit can be blaimed as the cause and the claim will be rejected.

sponsons cant cause a oil leak . see where I am going

Some mods are very safe to do , best way is to get the Dealer to fit them.
    my dealer wont fit something that he wouldnt claim while fitted.

maybe ULTRA250 TN will chime in and prove that not all mods will void warranty.

But this also brings back the comment ,, FIND A GOOD DEALER , AND BUILD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM, IT PAYS IN THE LONG RUN

I have never had any claims rejected on any of my skiis,

my

Waz

Dammit SIR! Someone give this man a tootsie roll pop 'cause that is some of the wisest shiznit i've read on these forums. Especially about building good relations with dealer. YOU GO BOY!!!!!

+1
    waz you must be gettin a bit sick of answering that one if peeps used the search they would find all the answers as nearly every question asked here has been covered

They're just being sociable...or noobie...

Most dealers I know arent worth building a relationship with. You can tell kawi that stuff about the magnuson whatever act and say that part didnt void the warranty but when it comes down to it, they dont care. They have much deeper pockets than you do if you wanna take it to court. If you are worried about a warranty then dont mod, its that simple. IMO, you bought it to enjoy and you are paying for it so why let that stop you.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    here is some good reading...

http://www.free-lemon-law-guide.com/...n-moss-act.php

kinda explains everything....

the gist of it is that in order to not honor the warranty claim or void it all together they need to conclusively and prove with out a doubt that the modification in question was the direct cause of the failed part covered under said warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    here is some good reading...

http://www.free-lemon-law-guide.com/...n-moss-act.php

kinda explains everything....

the gist of it is that in order to not honor the warranty claim or void it all together they need to conclusively and prove with out a doubt that the modification in question was the direct cause of the failed part covered under said warranty
    Thats how i view my warranty repairs. If mod is not related to failure, you're covered, no questions/arguments, etc...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information