Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

let someone ride my rxp, BIG MISTAKE! help

well i let two of my jackass friends ride my jetski, 5 times in a row. thinking they would get the point not to do it anymore after the first time. they smashed the gas while the back end of the ski was touching sand and tiny rocks, and shot sandy rocky mud all over the place....

then one idiot hit the sand coming in around 40 and completely beached it while still on the gas, yet again shooting crap all over the place!!

so then i took it out for a spin, and it was vibrating and hitting rev limiter as if something was stuck in the impeller, so i put it in reverse, and eased into the gas and put it in to go forward and cleared it all out, seemed fine, until everytime i try to pull away and gas it from a stop, seems like a car when the tires are spinning.

it bounces off of rev limiter then starts going...

inpeller? from rocks?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    What you are experiencing is called cavitation from air being introduced to the pump area from
    turbulence.

The plastic wear ring is toast from the sand and grit going through it. Impeller may need some cleaning up. Wear rings are about $50. You can change it yourself if you have some tools or expect a $150-200 bill from a dealer/shop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wcmateiuc View Post
    well i let two of my jackass friends ride my jetski, 5 times in a row. thinking they would get the point not to do it anymore after the first time. they smashed the gas while the back end of the ski was touching sand and tiny rocks, and shot sandy rocky mud all over the place....

then one idiot hit the sand coming in around 40 and completely beached it while still on the gas, yet again shooting crap all over the place!!

so then i took it out for a spin, and it was vibrating and hitting rev limiter as if something was stuck in the impeller, so i put it in reverse, and eased into the gas and put it in to go forward and cleared it all out, seemed fine, until everytime i try to pull away and gas it from a stop, seems like a car when the tires are spinning.

it bounces off of rev limiter then starts going...

inpeller? from rocks?

That sucks dude.. i hate letting people i dont fully trust ride my ski. But i also feel bad telling people no. I have a few dick head friends that i know dont respect any one elses but their own gear. Simple solution. Dont ask them to come riding.

But yer, definately sounds like your wear ring is knackered. search the forums for instructions on how to change it..

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    What you are experiencing is called cavitation from air being introduced to the pump area from y
    turbulence.

The plastic wear ring is toast from the sand and grit going through it. Impeller may need some cleaning up. Wear rings are about $50. You can change it yourself if you have some tools or expect a $150-200 bill from a dealer/shop.
    ok so its something small, no big deal right?

i was also thinking about getting an aftermarket impeller, and a vts extension rod. Its just that those numbers for the impellers are like a different language to me. I just recently got my rxp, havent even done the first service yet...

edit: oh and an after market intake grate..

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    That sucks dude.. i hate letting people i dont fully trust ride my ski. But i also feel bad telling people no. I have a few dick head friends that i know dont respect any one elses but their own gear. Simple solution. Dont ask them to come riding.

But yer, definately sounds like your wear ring is knackered. search the forums for instructions on how to change it..

yeah well, the one dick head didnt offer anything, the other one that hit the sand while flying felt soo bad it looked like he wanted to cry, then he offered me money....

but even though its my ski, i have to admit, it was funny, his face was priceless... pressed the vts instead of the start/stop button...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yes, this along with oil changing is the first things you need to learn about servicing the ski. It is a wearable item and designed to be changed at regular intervals. No need to change the impeller yet and the VTS rod is for ski's that are running a pump wedge. By itself it does nothing.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    My criteria for someone to ride my ski is a. do they have a ski comparable to mine or b. can they right a check right now to pay for any damages incurred. Anyone else is SOL.

Yes, this along with oil changing is the first things you need to learn about servicing the ski. It is a wearable item and designed to be changed at regular intervals. No need to change the impeller yet and the VTS rod is for ski's that are running a pump wedge. By itself it does nothing.

is it worth getting the wedge? maybe i will get that too... i dont want to do anything major, i still want it to be a ski that i can take to the beach and ride the hell out of it and not have to worry about anything, and be able to let my girlfriend or one of my friends ride it without worrying about something going wrong.

but i am looking to make it just a little quicker, my friend beat me on his ultra 250 today beat him out of the whole, then he started pulling on me in choppier water. Not by much, so i just want to spank him lol..

My criteria for someone to ride my ski is a. do they have a ski comparable to mine or b. can they right a check right now to pay for any damages incurred. Anyone else is SOL.

oh shit your from panama city?? i was there for spring break 2times...

freaking sweet down there during spring break...

i have a few friends that moved down there also... on bear creek i think

edit: sorry just read the line under neath...

can it in any way be the seal between the pump and the hull? it has never been taken apart before.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information