Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

08 1300r baseline #'s

finally got a chance to gps on sunday, ran 66.8 low fuel and stepped sponsons air temp 75 water temp 62, question i have is i had a 1200r and kept the prop, d-plate, chip, also have efi controller which i know is useless until compression is increased, prop is 13/19 pitched to a 13/18.5, is this too small or will it work with stock comp. 1200 ran 72.4 with this prop @ 7120, 1200 had alot more work though

+1
    D-plate will work. Depending on Riva or R&D you may have to open up the hole a bit for the 1300. You don't need the chip.

EFI controller will work.

Prop will not work. You need a Solas DF style prop for the larger output pump.

+1
    Good #'s on a stock 08'.

stock ski with stock grate is indeed faster than stock ski with riva 1200 grate and stepped sponsons... jeez by 2 mph...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    stock ski with stock grate is indeed faster than stock ski with riva 1200 grate and stepped sponsons... jeez by 2 mph...
    Andy, when you ran the 64+ with the 1200 grate remember that you were sitting hunched right in the middle of the seat... slide your butt back over the grab handle and you'd be right there too..

thanks mike, was not sure on the prop situation, but did not realize a diff in d-plates, mine is riva, thanks for replys guys this forum is the best by far for info. i'll be in touch since i'm new to the 1300 world for any problems during my winter build.....winter sux...

Quote Originally Posted by gpr2000 View Post
    thanks mike, was not sure on the prop situation, but did not realize a diff in d-plates, mine is riva, thanks for replys guys this forum is the best by far for info. i'll be in touch since i'm new to the 1300 world for any problems during my winter build.....winter sux...
    Welcome to the forum!
    don`t worry, I`m right behind ya with my 08, scratchin my head what to do for limited mods, don`t want all out just a little more on the bottom and better acceleration...
    was thinking:
    tunnel reinforcement
    mod plate
    metal tabs
    D-plate
    FF
    air filter kit
    13\19 or 14\20 prop
    tiny tach
    holeshot kit
    maybe efi controller
    maybe VF3 reeds
    and maybe switching over to premix

if your going to start tweeking you def need a better tach, the oem tach is not accurate...

great #s

Man those are some great #s on a stock boat. How much do you weigh? Fresh water or salt?
    My main mods are plate, grate, head & EFI and you are still faster. I'm turning 7330rpm peak, somethings gota be wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by syclonedriver View Post
    Man those are some great #s on a stock boat. How much do you weigh? Fresh water or salt?
    My main mods are plate, grate, head & EFI and you are still faster. I'm turning 7330rpm peak, somethings gota be wrong here.
    i weigh 180lbs and it was in fresh water i have not had a chance to hook up my tiny tac yet, i'm curious on rpm, unfortunatly riding time seems to be closing in quick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr2000 View Post
    finally got a chance to gps on sunday, ran 66.8 low fuel and stepped sponsons air temp 75 water temp 62, question i have is i had a 1200r and kept the prop, d-plate, chip, also have efi controller which i know is useless until compression is increased, prop is 13/19 pitched to a 13/18.5, is this too small or will it work with stock comp. 1200 ran 72.4 with this prop @ 7120, 1200 had alot more work though
    +1 on what the others have posted. Speeds sound about right for a stock boat. The sponsons may be creating some drag at those speeds, but it's well worth it to eliminate some of the bounce. Definately make use of the D plate and ditch the stock grate ASAP.

Welcome to the forum!
    don`t worry, I`m right behind ya with my 08, scratchin my head what to do for limited mods, don`t want all out just a little more on the bottom and better acceleration...
    was thinking:
    tunnel reinforcement
    mod plate
    metal tabs
    D-plate
    FF
    air filter kit
    13\19 or 14\20 prop
    tiny tach
    holeshot kit
    maybe efi controller
    maybe VF3 reeds
    and maybe switching over to premix

if your going to start tweeking you def need a better tach, the oem tach is not accurate...
    Hey PR, I gotta give you credit for holding out as long as you have, but it looks like you have started to feel the alure of the dark side. Beware of the maybes. You'll end up doing all those and then it'll be maybe keyway, maybe porting, maybe BB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information