Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

BOV O-Ring Failure

after finishing the installation of the x-charger, the valvetrain, the 50lb injectors and getting everything all buttoned back up, i started my engine and ran it for a bit and shut it off and then just wanted to check to make sure there weren't any extra bits in the intake, so i just popped off the filter on my BOV, and i found an O-RING pressed back against the filter.

and i thought to myself, this can't be good.

so i went to my local dealer, riva, and showed them the o-ring. and a certain person came out to take a look at the BOV and agreed that the o-ring should not be embedded in the back of the air filter, lol. absolutely no hassle, riva replaced the BOV. bottom line: riva is simply a class act and they stand behind their products.

what's funny, the last time i was out, i couldn't figure out why i magically lost 2mph off my top end when i had less than 1/2 tank of gas. i guess i'll pay closer attention to that BOV o-ring.

just want to say again, thanks riva, for your integrity. been nice doing business with you for the past 13 yrs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bov1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	417.5 KB 
ID:	99300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bov2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	431.0 KB 
ID:	99301  

+1
    Yea unfortunately your going to have to pay ALOT of attention to that o-ring. It comes off very easily and you will lose some boost psi. I am just going to cap mine off, its not worth the hassle. I have had to fix it more times than I care to remember. Good luck!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I ditched my BOV when I got rid of the ceramic SC washers... less shit to worry about

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    after finishing the installation of the x-charger, the valvetrain, the 50lb injectors and getting everything all buttoned back up, i started my engine and ran it for a bit and shut it off and then just wanted to check to make sure there weren't any extra bits in the intake, so i just popped off the filter on my BOV, and i found an O-RING pressed back against the filter.

so i went to my local dealer, riva, and showed them the o-ring. and a certain person came out to take a look at the BOV and agreed that the o-ring should not be embedded in the back of the air filter, lol. absolutely no hassle, riva replaced the BOV. bottom line: riva is simply a class act and they stand behind their products.

what's funny, the last time i was out, i couldn't figure out why i magically lost 2mph off my top end when i had less than 1/2 tank of gas. i guess i'll pay closer attention to that BOV o-ring.

just want to say again, thanks riva, for your integrity. been nice doing business with you for the past 13 yrs.
    BOV= POS Waste of time .... worthless

Same happened to me.
    I checked mine every second riding day.

+1
    I dont know if this will help or not but i took and siliconed my O-ring to the plunger..I havent had a chance to see if it will hold or not..Gonna put it back together and see what happens..

+1

+1
    I guess my question is just how much strain is put on a Sc without a BOV?? We ride some pretty choppy waters at times and was woundering what the differance would be with and without a BOV..

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I guess my question is just how much strain is put on a Sc without a BOV?? We ride some pretty choppy waters at times and was woundering what the differance would be with and without a BOV..
    From my understanding the BOV is only active during off throttle stiuations relieving intake pressure in the manifold. I ran one when I still had the ceramic SC washers in hopes to take a little stess off of them. After switching them out to metal... I dont see a need for a BOV

LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post

Hello I was this problem also!!!

See pics!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fotó0010.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	99373  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information