Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

if anyone can help I know it my polaris brothers

I have a new one to run by ya. I only am asking here because i know the fuel injection systems are the same on the polaris ski's. I have a buddies 1999 tigershark 1100 Li with FICHT fuel injection. the problem is it has spark, gas and turns over but does not start on its own.fuel pump is pumping fuel. spark plugs are firing. injectors are firing. I sent the EMM to dfi technologies because the arctic cat diagnostics software said it was bad. they repaired the ruptured resistors inside and i finally got it back. a small shot of carb cleaner in the intake. barely tap the starter button it starts perfectly. runs awesome. shut it down wait 5 seconds, same, runs perfect. shut it down for 10 seconds you can crank and crank and crank it will not start. brand new spark plugs, Brand new battery is installed. brand new fuel with sea foam in it. brand new oil too just to get the oil light off. I ran sea foam thru injectors. tested the stator both 12 volt circuits are good and the 45 volt is good also, according to the spec sheet. all air and water temp sensors ohm out to spec. crank sensor ohms out to spec. Throttle position sensor ohms out to spec. exhaust is not plugged or kinked. what am i missing? everything looks great. this ski has 52 Hours on it!! all I can find anywhere online is that everyone has the same problem with this ski. and no one can figure it out and when they do they dont say how.... please help

+1
    Do you actually have spark or have you lost spark after the 10+ seconds?

There is spark still. just after ten seconds of being off it will not restart without help. like fuel in cylinders or in intake. It will run perfectly all day long as long as it does not get shut off.

+1
    If you have spark and it's strong I'd think fuel pressure issues or injectors not opening.
    What's your fuel pressure when you try the restart after 10+ seconds?
    What is the voltage at the injectors after 10+ seconds?
    Try disconnecting one injector and see if the boat starts after the 10+ seconds, does it start?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Unplug the TPS.
    Does it start?

Somehow I missed the fact that Tigershark used Ficht. On Suzuki engines?

I would be interested to know how close the Polaris and Tigershark Ficht systems really are.
    Any interchangeable parts?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

swag

fuel regulator sticking closed?

what message did you get from the software? and what did they charge you repair the emm. Can you talk to it with the software now?. I've run into a couple of skis where the softwar tossed the "need update" message, but it's the last version of fitch software.

I unplugged the tps this morning and it did not start.... and yes FICHT on suzuki engine... I am not 100% on the actual pressure. I will have to get a gauge. I talked to someone with the same issue and they replaced the pump and injectors with brand new and theirs still does it. I pulled the tips off the injectors and the screens are clean and the tips open when i push on the spring. I dont understand why it works fine when you get it going.

It was message 17 low voltage from stator. said check resistance of stator and if ok replace emm. stator checked good. they charged just under 400 to repair it even thought their site said 550. I thought it was a pretty good deal. and yes i can see the emm with the computer. and do drop tests, static tests, everything.

and the fuel regulator, is this the brass restrictor in the return line???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scottr2200 View Post
    ...I don't understand why it works fine when you get it going.
    Something needs the full running RPM, that isn't enough when just cranking.

Fuel pressure is electrical, from the 12 volt battery, so it should be fully pressurized during cranking, if the EMM can detect that the engine is rotating on the starter. That would be the CPS signal.

You can force the fuel pump to run by grounding the brown wire from the fuel pump. Full fuel pressure should be developed right away.

My suspicion is that the injector 45 volt power system is not working properly at cranking speed. During cranking, you should have more than 20 volts on the White/Red wires to the injectors.

As soon as the engine starts, that voltage should jump to 40ish volts, and rise to the full 45 volts when RPM rise above idle.

I suspect you have less than 20 volts at the injectors during cranking (the injectors are not capable of firing with under-voltage). Unplugging one of the injectors reduces the electrical load on the 45 volt power system. If it starts with an injector unplugged, then the 45 volt system is where you need to focus.

If you have a spare EMM, you can test by connecting ONLY the 8 and 12 pin conectors to the spare EMM. That shifts the 45 volt delivery to the spare EMM.

If it starts with the spare EMM connected to the 8 & 12 pin connectors, then the problem is with the main EMM. If it still doesn't start, then the problem is with the stator or the wiring harness.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scottr2200 View Post
    and the fuel regulator, is this the brass restrictor in the return line???
    Fuel pressure regulator is inside the fuel pump assembly on Polaris models.

I suppose I should go looking for Suzuki Ficht service manuals...
    Are there any online, or available electronically (free would be good)?

Where do the Suzuki Ficht folks hang out?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information