Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    dghal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    League City Texas
    Posts
    280

    waveraider 1100 oil inject

    Ok The waveraider I have just hit 100 hours,

    My Polaris Virage (77 hours) has the pump removed and block off plate I premix 40:1

    The SeaDoo GTS ( ??? Hours ) has a sleeper motor going in with a Pipe, pump removed and block off plate premix 40:1

    I figure the Yamaha uses a similar injection pump prone to failure?? Or does it have a better pump and I can leave it stock??

    what have you guys found with past experiances???


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    bryan college station, tx
    Posts
    259
    remove the pump and change to premix on the yamaha. They do not have reliable oil pumps plus it dumps to much oil into the carbs causing you too loose holeshot.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    YOU CAN'T SEE ME
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson7454 View Post
    remove the pump and change to premix on the yamaha. They do not have reliable oil pumps plus it dumps to much oil into the carbs causing you too loose holeshot.
    I was about to say the same thing!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    452
    I removed my pump with about 39 hours and went to premix (40:1 Amsoil Interceptor). I was never worried about the pump failing. I was concerned with lines slipping off, cracking, leaking, etc. The pumps themselves rarely fail from what I hear.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    YOU CAN'T SEE ME
    Posts
    300
    1996 had big problems with pump. The rest is lines, etc like you said.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by bamatech View Post
    1996 had big problems with pump. The rest is lines, etc like you said.
    I am not disputing that the 96 pumps had problems. I am only saying that I have only seen 2 or 3 people claim to have had an oil pump failure. Now on the other hand I hear all the time about oil injection SYSTEM failure.

    Was oil pump failure a common problem on the 96?

  7. #7
    dghal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    League City Texas
    Posts
    280
    I have a plate coming and will remove the pump..

    also now all my skis are premix,, No confusion,, all jugs mixed

    Might have been setting myself up for disaster even if the pump did not fail..

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by dghal View Post
    I have a plate coming and will remove the pump..

    also now all my skis are premix,, No confusion,, all jugs mixed

    Might have been setting myself up for disaster even if the pump did not fail..
    There ya go...just a little inconvenience for a LOT of piece-of-mind.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    YOU CAN'T SEE ME
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by roost5o View Post
    I am not disputing that the 96 pumps had problems. I am only saying that I have only seen 2 or 3 people claim to have had an oil pump failure. Now on the other hand I hear all the time about oil injection SYSTEM failure.

    Was oil pump failure a common problem on the 96?
    Seems that 96's is only year i've seen pump fail on. The rest have been lines coming off fittings.

  10. #10

    96 waveraider 1100 oil pump housing cracking

    I pickup a 1996 waveraider 1100 and the oil pump was cracked off at the mounting flange.
    I purchased a oil pump and installed it and the housing cracked on the new pump.
    Whats going on it seems like the oil pump key is jumping out of the slot on the flywheel bolt?
    Has anyone had this problem?
    Thanks
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Getting rid of waveraider oil injection
    By holcomb3373 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
  2. how do you install an oil injection block-off plate on a 97 stx 1100
    By suzuki4444 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 09:49 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
  4. oil mix ratio waveraider 1100?
    By burton9010 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 06:16 AM
  5. 1995 Waveraider 1100 getting too much oil/Mechanic suggestions?
    By jasond32 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •