Thread: mph question?

mph question?

i got a question for everyone i have an 05 rxp and it was doin 68 mph out of the box i blew the sc clutch at 5.5 hours and had it replaced. i now have about 5 hours on the new clutch and it will only do about 63 any ideas of what i should look for?

+1
    Is it much hotter now?

Wear ring?
    Impeller?

Could be a number of things.

my impeller looks good no dings or dents. the temp hasnt changed much mabye 5 degrees. What and where is the wear ring?

Look up inside the intake grate with a flashlight.

The white plastic you can see that the impeller spins in (and seals to) is the wear ring..look for scrapes etc that will break the suction.

Here's Jerry's (his is S/Steel, yours will be white)

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    dang i forgot how TIGHT that clearance realy is supposed to be. with my plastic ring i can see broad daylight between the impeller blades and the wear ring... good 1/16" gap or so i'd say.

that pictures makes me want to buy a SS wear ring... but i still won't drop the 300 for it. i think that's an absurd amount of money, there's gotta be a cheaper way or something.

+1
    You can do it the Skat Trak way where they machine down the plastic wear ring and put a thin piece of stainless over it. $215 when you go that route.

+1
    mrwookiestinks - you had only 5.5 hours on your ski when the clutch went out? How were you breaking it in? That's a bummer and it's never gotten above 63 or close to 68 ever since the repair? Same riding conditions as when you hit 68 previously (temp, humidity, chop...)?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    dang i forgot how TIGHT that clearance realy is supposed to be. with my plastic ring i can see broad daylight between the impeller blades and the wear ring... good 1/16" gap or so i'd say.

that pictures makes me want to buy a SS wear ring... but i still won't drop the 300 for it. i think that's an absurd amount of money, there's gotta be a cheaper way or something.
    you could take your old wear ring out and turn it round for a temp measure, because the prop only uses half the area of the ring, ive done this loads of times cos i ride in a tidel siltie river and it caines wearings, when you buy a new ring take it two a small engineering shop and ask them to copy it, does'nt have to be stainless, mild steel will do the job, and is very cheap, regards bill

i was babying it i never jamed on the throttle. i did a couple of rull throttle pulls but slowly. it was boosting then i decided to stop at a beach in the river i then hoped back on and took off and no boost would build the dealership said it had a defective clucth and they changed out the entire s/c

Thread Information