Pretty much the same. But most importantly it will help keep the crank snout from breaking.

A lightened flywheel doesn't help a motor rev faster.
    Jay is right it will help reduce the chance of the crank snout or crank pin snapping when wave jumping.

A lightened flywheel doesn't help a motor rev faster
    since when

Jetentics haven't provided any logic or proof to support their claim. It's pure marketing hype.
    Think about it for a minute, guys.
    What creates the most drag on an engine? The prop trying to drive about 800lbs (ski & you) through the water or spin a 5lb flywheel?
    Reducing the weight of the flywheel will not make any noticeable difference as the drag of the prop is so much greater than that of the flywheel. Now drop the prop pitch size and, yes, you will see a difference in acceleration.
    The only benefit a lightened flywheel will have is when then ski leaves the water, the engines screams it's lungs out then hit's the water, loads up the pump kills 2-3000 RPM straight away. The inertia that the flywheel has and the crank that wants to drop so much RPM so quickly can break a crank snout or crank pin.
    For example, the Polaris 800DI is prone to breaking the front crank pin, the GP1200R breaks the front crank snout.

+1
    [quote="Flywheel"]Jetentics haven't provided any logic or proof to support their claim. It's pure marketing hype.
    Think about it for a minute, guys.
    What creates the most drag on an engine? The prop trying to drive about 800lbs (ski & you) through the water or spin a 5lb flywheel?
    Reducing the weight of the flywheel will not make any noticeable difference as the drag of the prop is so much greater than that of the flywheel.

And just how many hundredths of watercraft have you tested back
    to back? And your results or proof? And I guess a light weight crank
    is a waste of money too? I can tell you by experience, a light weight
    flywheel will kill another boat a good 2 to 3 boat lengths out of the hole.
    A watercraft makes no power off the bottom end, you need to get in the upper rpm range, 5000 rpms and above to see any hp numbers over 100.
    Any saving in weight in a rotating mass will increase acceleration. Even a lighter weight rider on a watercraft will increase acceleration over a heavy rider. A lightweight pto, yes that something you find on a Seadoo will give you addition 2 to 3 boats lenghts in acceleration.
    As far as helping it rev higher, it will do nothing.

+1
    A lightweight pto, yes that something you find on a Seadoo will give you addition 2 to 3 boats lenghts in acceleration.
    yep.....

I remember I used a 720 PTO on the 650 motors in the past due to its lighter weight..."thinner"........

+1
    If we had a 701 engine then we could pay 349 dollars and try it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrager
    If we had a 701 engine then we could pay 349 dollars and try it.
    well i dont know about a 701 engine ,,but i had a jetenetics light
    weight flywheel on my gruop k sleeper zxi1100 and it did make a very noticeable difference in throttle response and acceleration,,,its a shame they dont make one for the gpr`s. and the rads are even hard to find now,,,i think fercho has one on his ski !! maybe he can shed some light on this when he gets back in town.

Thread Information