rxt dash display not working.

i have recently purchased a 2006 seadoo rxt and just last weekend i noticed that my speedo display stopped working. there are only three bars that make up the numbers on the screen and i cant see any other numbers and cant see how fast i am travelling. if any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated as i have been quoted $1200 to replace the dash. i was thinking maybe some corrosion had occured and that i should pull the dash apart and give it a clean with some contact cleaner? any suggestions would be gr8.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Long Island, NY
    $1200 is insane.

one hour flat rate labor plus parts is reasonable...

gauge is like 550-ish - plus an hour labor... your bill should not be any higher than 650-700 at most

bear in mind... there IS programming involved with putting a new gauge cluster in that machine, so u'll have to have an authorized dealer program it anyway

Im In Australia And Thats Y The Price Is So Different. I Just Gotta Find Out If I Have To Spend The Money To Replace It. As I Have Only Brought The Ski Im Not Very Happy With What Has Happened. The Warranty Finished Last Year So Its All Up To Me To Pay For It.

are you from melbourne? if you are let me no i no a few people that cn cheeck it out.

have you been in salt water?
    water might have got in and corroded near where the wires connect that happened to us and we had to get a whole new dash.
    In Australia as well !

yeah corrosion is what i was thinking. hopefully when i get my ski back from the workshop i can have a look and clean it all up and hopefully she goes.

sorri mate im in adelaide. thanx any way

Thread Information