Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    sleaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ortley-Full timer
    Posts
    83

    To the Barnegat jumpers

    I see you guys are freax with the wave jumping, I plan to get into that scene in the future as I am new to this. I have been jumping once and it was ridiculous! I have read a lot of posts about the Sea Doo hulls having issues as well as the mounts etc..I am not shitting on Sea Doo, I was actually going to get an rxt-x, but opted for the sho..barring any extreme situation, how do the sho's hold up to wave jumping? I obviously am not going to be getting the height you guys do, but hopefully in time!


  2. #2
    "Hustler" Inkaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,712
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by sleaves View Post
    I see you guys are freax with the wave jumping, I plan to get into that scene in the future as I am new to this. I have been jumping once and it was ridiculous! I have read a lot of posts about the Sea Doo hulls having issues as well as the mounts etc..I am not shitting on Sea Doo, I was actually going to get an rxt-x, but opted for the sho..barring any extreme situation, how do the sho's hold up to wave jumping? I obviously am not going to be getting the height you guys do, but hopefully in time!

    If i havent broken my gpr into 3 pieces yet your sho should be fine... Yamaha'a are more or less indestructable... Unless you let Rob ride it....

  3. #3
    davidw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Near Philly / LBI
    Posts
    288
    If the SHO is anything like the FX HO i assume it will be fine. My ski is alot more durable than my body.

  4. #4
    termite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    If i havent broken my gpr into 3 pieces yet your sho should be fine... Yamaha'a are more or less indestructable... Unless you let Rob ride it....
    +1 but a Wave Venture

  5. #5
    Clear the air space! MKaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Feasterville, PA
    Posts
    1,531
    Give it to me, I'll test it.....

    kidding, it should be fine, it's all in the landings

    and that doesn't mean Rob LANDING on it......

    Welcome! Just take it slow and safe.

  6. #6
    BarBayBULL BAR BAY H.O.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Barnegat Bay
    Posts
    1,341
    I went jumping on a SHO. Just like a 250 except there's a quick second of cavitation before the hole power torques you back. No idea why but I rode 2 SHOs and both had this slight hesitation out the hole.
    Anyway because of their lowend punch they are much better jumpers than FXHOs.

  7. #7
    sleaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ortley-Full timer
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    I went jumping on a SHO. Just like a 250 except there's a quick second of cavitation before the hole power torques you back. No idea why but I rode 2 SHOs and both had this slight hesitation out the hole.
    Anyway because of their lowend punch they are much better jumpers than FXHOs.

    Yea I noticed that too and I guy with an ho rode it last week and throttled very low and thought there was grass in the grate, I guess it was the slight delay and different throttle response you were feeling.

  8. #8
    wavesplashr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    belleville
    Posts
    4
    someone called?

  9. #9
    Clear the air space! MKaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Feasterville, PA
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by wavesplashr View Post
    someone called?
    I called "HOMO" in a different thread....LOLOLOL

  10. #10
    wavesplashr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    belleville
    Posts
    4

    Talking

    LoL i read that thread. u guys are getting pretty lonely around here. we need some chicks around especially at the ramp. i say we throw a 2 piece brazilian bikini on chico

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. new to the site
    By jungo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
  2. New to the PWC world...in Northern Illinois
    By Masqua in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM
  3. Pic's of Airfilter to the front
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 10:34 PM
  4. What is the trick to the IC block off plate???
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 08:08 AM
  5. 46RXP to the GREEN courtesy phone please...........
    By SKR8PN in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •