Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2003 GTX 4tech still in limp mode!?!? new gauges!

My 2003 GTX 4tech still goes in limp mode, I got my new gauges from shibby, I took the old one out and put the new one in and ran it, once I put the key on, it displayed "SENSOR" then as i went to take off as usual it made the long continuous beep and this time (first time I can see it cause I just bought new gauges) the red light started blinking and the gauges displayed "OIL" so I checked the oil, GOOD, then I went to the seadoo place and bought a oil pressure sensor and when I went to replace it I notice the wire was pulled off/out of the connector that plugs into the oil pressure sensor, so I went ahead and pulled the old one out, and put the new one in, ( Was oil supposed to come out the hole? cause none did.) then i took the wire and put it back in the connector and pluged it in.

I put everything back together and tryed it again and it did the same.?

I was reading my manuel, and I found another oil sensor, the
    OIL SEPARATOR PRESSURE
    SENSOR (OSPS)
    and woner if it has gone bad, or if I really am haveing a oil pressure problem!?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	1372 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	99669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backshot.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	99670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	99671  

+1
    this is where i would bite the bullet,give dealer the key and say...

"fix it"

jmo

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post

"fix it"

jmo
    You replaced one sensor, right?! Replace the other. Than if it still does not work, post again, and someone will reply. We will find someone with this experience. With the riding season slowing down, you may have time to troubleshoot the problem. Then if you do end up taking it to the dealer, you can tell him that you replaced both sensors, so do not charge you the hourly rate to check those. I am not sure if BUDS can say directly where the problem is or not. Anyone else know if he can just pay for BUDS diagnosis, get the diagnosis and repair the problem himself??? An idea anyway. BUDS only takes 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post

"fix it"

jmo
    Not so fast let's give it a shot, 1 more time. It's not over until the FAT Lady sings.......and We don't have that here at the HULK site They're on the other Evil site PW...something Yesterday? .....and their coupon discount (5%) is: "Slim Fast with Nachos"

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I am not sure if BUDS can say directly where the problem is or not. Anyone else know if he can just pay for BUDS diagnosis, get the diagnosis and repair the problem himself??? An idea anyway. BUDS only takes 5 minutes.
    You'll be amazed what the Bud's system can do and tell you. Only Doo dealers are supposed to have them

Quote Originally Posted by xBigDaddyx117 View Post
    My 2003 GTX 4tech still goes in limp mode, I got my new gauges from shibby, I took the old one out and put the new one in and ran it, once I put the key on, it displayed "SENSOR" then as i went to take off as usual it made the long continuous beep and this time (first time I can see it cause I just bought new gauges) the red light started blinking and the gauges displayed "OIL" so I checked the oil, GOOD, then I went to the seadoo place and bought a oil pressure sensor and when I went to replace it I notice the wire was pulled off/out of the connector that plugs into the oil pressure sensor, so I went ahead and pulled the old one out, and put the new one in, ( Was oil supposed to come out the hole? cause none did.) then i took the wire and put it back in the connector and pluged it in.

I put everything back together and tryed it again and it did the same.?

I was reading my manuel, and I found another oil sensor, the
    OIL SEPARATOR PRESSURE
    SENSOR (OSPS)
    and woner if it has gone bad, or if I really am haveing a oil pressure problem!?

I assumed this is the same ski that was leaking Antifreeze? By just reading your post. "Here's my Process of Elimination" Your story on your post Qualifies you as a good candidate for "Fault Code 1200" , meaning you have a short on your "Blow by Valve" or an Open circuit. If your max RPM on Limp mode is 5000 RPM There is a possibility? Remember, I am posting my opinion on what I read on your post, to what I remember. I owned a RXP '04, the 1 in the Avatar Hope We at Green Hulk can kindda help ya out through our negative experience, before we send you to the dealers They are Like Capital One Commercials................What's in your Wallet????????

I just noticed your first pic and I know the 2 pics where from you Manual. if your first pic is from the troubled ski Then check the pins. from what I remember if fault code 1200 is what is wrong with your ski...then possible cause could either be a, loose connector, damaged ECM pins or the ECM could be bad, damage circuit wires or connectors. It woulden't hurt if you check on the "TOPS' too, this can send you on limp mode easily. When you mention that a loose connector was dangling and not hooked up......that changes everything in "Process of Elimination" scenario. Don't throw that Sunken Cluster away. was I right?

I had the OSPS sensor go bad on my '03 GTX-SC ski. But the trouble indications were slightly different. The ski would run for 15 minutes, then go into limp mode and display CHK ENG. I could reseat the lanyard and it would repeat the alarm 15 minutes later. The replacement sensor fixed my problem... Ron

I'm very sorry I waited so long to post my replys!!!
    I took it all apart, and found that as I was putting the throttle valve back on I pulled the wire back out, that's why it gave me the same error, so what I did was performed a oil pressure test and found that it had good pressure.
    So I just grounded the sensor wire for now till I get it out the water and fix it good, not just try to stick it back in.

Ok once I grounded it I put it all back together and went for a test drive,
    Well you remeber when I said I had a coolant leak, well it is showing its face in over heating. I have a leak some where and the thing that scares me the most is that there is white smoke coming out the exaust

I can get the craft up to about 40-60mph before the H-TEMP comes up
    but the guages say E-TEMP 80*
    And I'm not planing on takeing it to the shop at all unless I need one of their very expensive machines, like that BUD.

Well I have to finish my trailer in-order to get it out the water so I'll keep you posted.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76431
    Trailer post^^

E Temp is the Enviromental Temp (or outside air temp) and not Engine Temp. I thought the same thing the first time I saw E Temp. And, the wiring connector to the oil pressure switch is held on by a metal spring clip. I'll bet yours is missing and somewhere in the hull... Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information