Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile Ultra 250 #1 in 2008

Chris Warner had an amazing year for Kawasaki by winning the LB/Cat Offshore and the Pro Runabout 1200 World Finals. Way to go Chris!

This confirms what we all knew i.e. the Ultra 250 is the best all around race boat that money can buy for both offshore and closed course racing.

Keep buying Ultra 250s and have fun modding it (it's a great machine to modify) so Kawi can win more races in 09 and beyond and maintain their #1 position. The Doos and Yamis have raised the bar with their new 09 boats so they will be chasing Kawi real hard. Good luck and go Kawi!

Banned User
    +1
    You wish....J/K
    I think Yamaha will be kicking butt next year. Craig has a very fast boat, and is an excellent rider. It wouldn't matter if the water was smooth or rough, he's just good. If Rius hadn't screwed up his steering on the black SHO, it would have been very interesting.

BTW, Warner was not running a 250 hull, it was a modified 15F hull. So basically Warner was running a 15F bottom, and a 250 top. Rius was running a heavily modified ??? bottom hull, and a SHO top.

Quote Originally Posted by ghashimoto View Post
    Chris Warner had an amazing year for Kawasaki by winning the LB/Cat Offshore and the Pro Runabout 1200 World Finals. Way to go Chris!

This confirms what we all knew i.e. the Ultra 250 is the best all around race boat that money can buy for both offshore and closed course racing.

Keep buying Ultra 250s and have fun modding it (it's a great machine to modify) so Kawi can win more races in 09 and beyond and maintain their #1 position. The Doos and Yamis have raised the bar with their new 09 boats so they will be chasing Kawi real hard. Good luck and go Kawi!
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    You wish....J/K
    I think Yamaha will be kicking butt next year. Craig has a very fast boat, and is an excellent rider. It wouldn't matter if the water was smooth or rough, he's just good. If Rius hadn't screwed up his steering on the black SHO, it would have been very interesting.

BTW, Warner was not running a 250 hull, it was a modified 15F hull. So basically Warner was running a 15F bottom, and a 250 top. Rius was running a heavily modified ??? bottom hull, and a SHO top.
    Sorry, you're dead backwards, or actually, 25% right.

In fact, the vehicle in question was a STX-15F, as per all of the IJSBA regulations. Yet, below the first strake, the 15F hull was cut off and replaced by a 250X hull which had been trimmed and shortened to fit within the 15F bond lines.

Basically, the craft was a 15F through and through, but shared the V-hull and strakes with the 250X.

Craig admited in an interview that will be printed in the January/February '09 issue of Personal Watercraft Illustrated that he hadn't ridden the PWC that would propel him to another IJSBA championship until only a couple weeks before the WF.

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks for the clarification, I knew it wasn't completely a 250hull. BTW, I think we met.

I'll be looking for the interview to come out. What other secrets did you find out at the WF??

Thanks for the clarification. In any event, the bottom line is that Kawasaki won with a modified craft, good rider, and good fortune. Doos, Yamis, etc. can also modify their craft within IJSBA specs. Go for it.

Yea too bad guys but its still a KAWASAKI that whipped yalls butt, whats the next excuse? Hahahahahahhaha!!!!!!

+1
    I ll be the 1st to say these Kawa are kicking everyones butttttt. 250x or 15F no excuses there winning.

And ill be the 1st to admit it.

those that have been following the various races thru the year know whats up. For endurance racing, the 250X has done very well, they craft won at least 3 offshore races (LB2cat, Florida Offshrore Challenge, and J.A.C). In addition, your Pro Open R/A World Champ also won on a modded Kawi, although not 100% 250x...I can say Warner's craft at LB2Cat was a 250x.. IMO, the craft is only getting better. It handles the chop, well, we all know. It may not be the fastest, but it wins....

BTW...We as Kawi owners need to keep up the info sharing. I think we hae enough people on here now that ride different applications of water, and also race different races, and could provide info on setup, etc. Lets make 09 just as good!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    I ll be the 1st to say these Kawa are kicking everyones butttttt. 250x or 15F no excuses there winning.

And ill be the 1st to admit it.
    The only thing I have against the 250 hull is, that if you dropped it from a 3-story building, it would crack the concrete, not the fiberglass. The hull is very thick, and heavy, stock. The hull design itself, and even the 15F hull, lend themselves to rough water.

What will be interesting next year is how well, or poorly the Yamaha's will do. You can't argue that it has a much bigger engine, and they are still in there infancy as far as racing goes, especially when compared to the 250/15F's.

At any rate, no matter what the boat is, Warner is an animal. He would be tough to beat on anything, and the Kawasaki's definately did a great job this year. Hats also go off for Farthing racing his 2-stroke.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information