Thread: 01 gp1200r help

01 gp1200r help

finally got my ski running got it to the water this is my first ski . the problems iam having is when i give it fulll throttle the ski gets to about 10mph then cavitates real bad for a few seconds then takes off like a rocket not sure if this is normal or not . the other issue is jetting the plugs are running tan on all 3 cylinders is that good for a ski ? the only mods i have are flame arrestors d plate and chip solas 13/19 stock grate and ride plate

Quote Originally Posted by harleyboy61 View Post
    finally got my ski running got it to the water this is my first ski . the problems iam having is when i give it fulll throttle the ski gets to about 10mph then cavitates real bad for a few seconds then takes off like a rocket not sure if this is normal or not . the other issue is jetting the plugs are running tan on all 3 cylinders is that good for a ski ? the only mods i have are flame arrestors d plate and chip solas 13/19 stock grate and ride plate
    You should not have that kind of cavitation. What does your wear ring look like? You really need to install a pump plug kit to reduce cavitation and seal everything up with 4200/5200.

wear ring looks fine what should the clearance be prop was just put in when you say seal everything up your talking about the pump shoe or the pump its self ? i know the pump plug kit fills the pump shoe cavity . does the pump its self need to be resealed ? so that means pump needs to come off?

Quote Originally Posted by harleyboy61 View Post
    wear ring looks fine what should the clearance be prop was just put in when you say seal everything up your talking about the pump shoe or the pump its self ? i know the pump plug kit fills the pump shoe cavity . does the pump its self need to be resealed ? so that means pump needs to come off?
    I don't know the clearance specs...no need to remove the pump. Seal up everything...shoe, grate, plate from underneath. Thats what I did and I was having horrible cavitation. I know that there is some science to spacing and so forth but I did not deal with it. There may be gains if you go that route though. I will tweek things in the off season to find out myself

thanks i will give it shot and see what happens

Thread Information