Thread: Bone Stock RXP

Bone Stock RXP

What would be the best performing intake grate for a stocker? This will be changing over time, but for the first few months, the ski will stay stock.(atleast as far as engine mods). Is an impellor change worth the money now? The ski w/ me on it pulls 7750RPM WOT. 70mph on the speedo but not GPS. 14 hours on it and it seems stronger every time it goes out. What benefit does the 2 deg pump spacer give? My ski pulled highest RPM/speed at aprox 2/3 trim up and weight forward(on smooth water). Is it normal for the ski to surge at a constant cruising speed? It might be tiring of the thumb, but I think its not.

the best performing intake grate for a stocker is the Riva followed by the Worx and for heavy chop riders the R&D. For the impeller if arm pulling, door slaming acceleration you will need the repitched Solas 14/19, if you want top speed but giving up the acceleration to gain 1.5 on top end get the repitched stocker. PPG repitched my solas and when i first tested it in April just with the riva grate I was pulling 70.2 on gps with 4 bars of gas. The pump spaser AKA as the pump wedge needs to be rand with a grate and a good set of sponsons. I have not tried it but alot of guys out there say it makes the ski feel lose in rear in chopy water and trust me you do not want to wipe out at 70 on a ski.

Thanks for the info.. I noticed at on the top end on flat water that the boat (aside from porposing), chine walks pretty bad. Bouncing from side to side. Is that the OPAS? My old skiis have never done that. It seems like these things need trim tabs or an adjustable cav itation plate like on a v-drive or flat bottom boat

+1
    Getting rid of theOPAS will help. They drag even when going straight...try riding slightly behind and to the side of a ski with the OPAS intact and you will be surprised to see how much spray they throw off. We have the Riva OPAS blockoff kits for $73, Riva Pro Sponsons for $264, and Riva Top Loader Intake Grate for $110. If you find the thumb throttle tiring and annoying like so many do, the Finger Throttle Conversion is $175. A Solas SRX-CD-14/19R prop is only $225. We don't charge inflated shipping, only actual cost with no handling charges.

Richard

with the PPG repitched Solas 14/19 how much top end speed do you loose if any?

You gain some speed as well as get awesome accelleration.

wakeboarder
    The best GPS numbers on my RXP last year in late August in the moring afound 8am with 3 bars of gas was 68.9mph @ 8150rpms Last July in the dead heat of the wummer in the middle of the day I radared at 66.7 with about 4 bars of gas. When I instaled my solas Repitched solas I pull 70.4 with 1/2 of tank this spring. The gain on pot end is probly like 1-1.5 but the acceleration is night and day.

Thread Information