Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,340
    +1
    121

    RXP-X RPM limiter?

    Today when my X ski would hit 8200 RPM it would immediately drop atleast 50 rpm like it was hitting the limiter. If I held the throttle at 8180 RPM is was fine. For some reason I was under the impression the limiter was 8300. What is the actual limiter?

    Ran like a rapped ape today. 100% stock, 65 air 71 water half tank 1 click up from N. Best of 70.9 but only got a pic of a 70.7 run
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1019081521.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	99901  


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Today when my X ski would hit 8200 RPM it would immediately drop atleast 50 rpm like it was hitting the limiter. If I held the throttle at 8180 RPM is was fine. For some reason I was under the impression the limiter was 8300. What is the actual limiter?

    Ran like a rapped ape today. 100% stock, 65 air 71 water half tank 1 click up from N. Best of 70.9 but only got a pic of a 70.7 run

    Yes 8,200 is the limiter mine did the same thing.The 07 had a 8,300 limiter on it.

  3. #3
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,340
    +1
    121
    Interesting, thanks for the info. Any idea why they backed the limiter down from 8300?

  4. #4
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,038
    I was doing the same thing (banging the rev limiter) in the cold weather. Why- probably to limit speed

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Today when my X ski would hit 8200 RPM it would immediately drop atleast 50 rpm like it was hitting the limiter.
    You are hard on the limiter at 8200 on an X model and your ECU is cutting fuel. You do not want to be doing this too often.

    Ideal RPM on an X model is 8000. Anything higher than that and the ECU is pulling timing.

  6. #6
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,340
    +1
    121
    Thanks Jerry.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You are hard on the limiter at 8200 on an X model and your ECU is cutting fuel. You do not want to be doing this too often.

    Ideal RPM on an X model is 8000. Anything higher than that and the ECU is pulling timing.
    From what I have seen 8140-8160 is the ideal rpm for the X model, it its proped for 8000 it feels lazy out of the hole.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    From what I have seen 8140-8160 is the ideal rpm for the X model, it its proped for 8000 it feels lazy out of the hole.
    Good point! It pulls harder up to 2 seconds.

  9. #9
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Can you get a 07/08 RXP215 ecu to work on a RXP-X somehow? Is the REV limit still 8300 on the 215. When does it start messing with the timing and fuel at 8200 or sooner or later than?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Can you get a 07/08 RXP215 ecu to work on a RXP-X somehow? Is the REV limit still 8300 on the 215. When does it start messing with the timing and fuel at 8200 or sooner or later than?

    Yes, you need to reprogram the guages to the ecu.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 09 rxp rpm limit.
    By sn-95 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 10:08 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 01:09 PM
  3. RXP RPM Limiting Question
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 06:58 PM
  4. RXP Rotax RPM problem... we're helpless
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:05 PM
  5. New 04 RXP Low RPM & Speed
    By RXP04 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •