05 RxP

Lost RPMs, help!

So today couldnt have been better, low wind, calm water (for the most part), beating up everything I raced, everything was great.

Until, I let someone ride my ski, I let it cool down after they brought it back, rode over to a few buddies, talked some smack with them for about 15 mins.

After that I went and made a few passes, not feeling so "fast" anymore.

Went to the calmest part of the water to check my RPMs, and noticed a 350 rpm drop (from 7850 to 7500, sometimes only 7200-7300).

No plugs are dead.

Although I think there may have been a bit of extra white smoke (was doing it before I let friend ride), a sea doo vet. said that it didnt seem out of the ordinary, although Im thinking otherwise now. And my MAINT screen is showing up, although they said it should just need to be reset, since I serviced it 5 hours ago.

Serviced 5 hours ago, no dead plugs, out of the ordinary extra white smoke, MAINT screen popped up when key put on, then goes away. Charger rebuilt already, (25 hours ago)

I wanna know whats wrong!

Any suggestions?

+1
    if your maintance is coming on with dess and then going off that is just telling you it is time for your ski to have its maintance service which if was on before dealer did the maintance and they did not reset it then it will continue to show that when put the dess on.

NOw for your rpm issue,
    try searching rpm loss as there have been some good stickys or threads that list all the check list.
    I will see if can find but will be much easier than us trying to tell you everyone of them.

re rpm loss...I'm gonna bet on crap in the nozzle.

05 RxP
    Well I pulled the plugs, and there was a bit of water in the #2 plug, just a small bit, but enuff to wet the plug tip.

I haven't put thr plugs back in yet, altho I blew air in it to try to get it out, and rolled engine with it out, no water shot out.

Is it possible I blew the head gasket, hence the extra white smoke, and maint notice, water in plug?

+1
    Leaking intercooler?

Quote Originally Posted by sealz View Post
    Well I pulled the plugs, and there was a bit of water in the #2 plug, just a small bit, but enuff to wet the plug tip.

I haven't put thr plugs back in yet, altho I blew air in it to try to get it out, and rolled engine with it out, no water shot out.

Is it possible I blew the head gasket, hence the extra white smoke, and maint notice, water in plug?

Check your hoses, make sure they are all connected. Ask you buddy if he submerged the ski as well.

05 RxP
    I know for a fact it wasnt submerged, I was told that the intercooler could have been leaking by my mechanic. Is that a big problem? Should I upgrade at the same time? How much work is it to repair

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sealz View Post
    Lost RPMs, help!

Did you look under the couch?

Thread Information