Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shrink wrap or not?

Unlike you guys here my first season is about done. May extend it next year when I have the right gear for the cold weather riding. Last week was my last run. I am going to get it winterized in the next week or two. I was just wondering if you guys do the shrink wrap gig or what other suggestions do you have as I have had different opinions on this. Keep in mind It's a few months old and would like to keep that new look at least for a while. I would like to keep it at my shore place, obviously no garage as opposed to cramming it into my garage in west n.j. What should I expect when I cut this thing open in the spring? Midew, etc.?

Give it a good wash and then a polish followed by wax.
    Then shrinkwrap.
    In spring there may be some mildew inside if yoou left any moisture.
    Just rip off shrink wrap, throw battery in, and smoke it.
    Change oil filter pugs , polish, and your good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleaves View Post
    Unlike you guys here my first season is about done. May extend it next year when I have the right gear for the cold weather riding. Last week was my last run. I am going to get it winterized in the next week or two. I was just wondering if you guys do the shrink wrap gig or what other suggestions do you have as I have had different opinions on this. Keep in mind It's a few months old and would like to keep that new look at least for a while. I would like to keep it at my shore place, obviously no garage as opposed to cramming it into my garage in west n.j. What should I expect when I cut this thing open in the spring? Midew, etc.?
    R Rated shrink wraps skis in Bayville... The ski will come out as pretty as it was put away... If your keeping it indoors just slap the cover on it... Ive seen ski's that Rudy shrink wraps and grew up helping my father shrink wrap boats and deffinately think if your ski is stored out side its a must!

+1
    Rudy also has winter storage for a pretty good price if I remember. Unless you have a backyard that would be the way to go

Shrink wrap it is, and I am going to have rudy do it, as well as my services, upgrades and anything else there is to do..talked to him the other day seems like a good guy and comes highly recommended, thanks for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by sleaves View Post
    talked to him the other day seems like a good guy and comes highly recommended, thanks for your responses.
    you wont find a nicer guy in this hobby... nobody else will ever touch my ski but him

+1
    Shrink wrap it and also put a vent on the wrap. It stops mildew build up.The shrink wrap companies sell the vents too.

+1
    I'd also throw a few mildew bags in there as well.

When I used to keep my old ski's outside over the winter I would put a roll of paper towels on the motor. If there's any residual moisture in there the paper will absorb it first..

+1
    if i leave some ocean in my hull over the winter do you think I'll get some Sea-doo in it instead of mildew??? lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    if i leave some ocean in my hull over the winter do you think I'll get some Sea-doo in it instead of mildew??? lol
    Could be... Except I got all the ocean out of the hull already... Sorry... I think I may have scrubbed it a little too much though... The ocean that I removed seems to have taken some of the hull with it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information