Thread: 93 XP Hull

93 XP Hull

is the 93 XP hull not very desirable. I have an extra one but have been told this hull is not very good and was redesigned. Is it worth doing anything with or should i strip the parts and trash it. It currently needs a new motor. It looks the same to me as other XP hulls and hate to throw it away. WHats the deal?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
    is the 93 XP hull not very desirable. I have an extra one but have been told this hull is not very good and was redesigned. Is it worth doing anything with or should i strip the parts and trash it. It currently needs a new motor. It looks the same to me as other XP hulls and hate to throw it away. WHats the deal?
    Its not as desired as the later X4 hulls(95-96 XP and 96-99 SPX) which is not saying much since I've seen running X4s sell for $2000. THe biggest set back in my opinion was that the 93 XP used the 650 motor which was redesigned and sold as the 650X. On the good side a 720 will bolt right in where the 650 sits. Hope that helps.

I have been wondering if it would be worth keeping and getting a 720 motor to go in it. Woudl the carbs/intake, electronics and pump be compatible? Is it worth it or should I trash the hull and find a 95-96 XP to put my time into. Thanks

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
    I have been wondering if it would be worth keeping and getting a 720 motor to go in it. Woudl the carbs/intake, electronics and pump be compatible? Is it worth it or should I trash the hull and find a 95-96 XP to put my time into. Thanks
    For the 720 the electronics are a no go(hell you can't eveb get them to transfer between the same motor in different years) carbs would need rejetting and I'm not sure about the intake.

I built a 94 xp with a 720 but I had the entire package, engine, electronics, etc. I even put a setback pump in it. It is an okay ride but I much prefer the X-4 hull. I have a 95 xp as well with a SS 720 that decided to blow up. I am actually tempted to pull the parts I need from the 94 boat and rebuild the 95. Neither are working at the moment....

i think i will strip the parts and take th hull to the dump

Thread Information