Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

'04 RXP No Power!

2004 RXP w/40 hrs. Everything that has happened- Was 100% stock. Put on new Riva intake grate. Pulled out origional plugs. Store did not have correct replacements. Put in origional plugs that looked good still. Filled up ski w/93 octane. (Also filled up '01 RX from same pump w/ no problems from this ski). Took ski out to test new intake grate. Ski running terrible from the start, rough idle, intermittent surges, did I mention extremely rough running. poured in bottle of Lucas fuel treatment. No change. Pulled ski out of water and went to parts store and purchased and installed new plugs. Put ski back in water and it now ran smooth but will not get over 6050 rpm's and there is NO whin from supercharger at all. Ski feels slugish and tops out at 58mph indicated. (topped out at 70 indicated before).
    I am guessing that it has something to do with the SC clutch or washers, but I am no expert on these at all. That is why I ask for advice here. Sorry for the long story but I wanted to relay all of the facts to get an accutate diag.
    Thanks in advance.

take of the hose from the supercharger and try to spin the blades of the sc wheel. if it spins, bye bye supercharger. it can have a little play, but not much. did you have metal washers in it or did you leave in the ceramics?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

+1
    When are they going to learn!

I guess we will learn if we would read all of the great information that everyone has put in here. After reading the explicitive on SC's and what they do when they fail, it sounds exactly like what has happened to mine. So, for everyone that thinks it won't happen to them because I take care of my ski, you are wrong. I take very good care of mine and it happened with only 40hrs on it. I will be taking it off tomorrow and sending it to Jerry for a rebuild.
    Thanks again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Cameo View Post
    I guess we will learn if we would read all of the great information that everyone has put in here. After reading the explicitive on SC's and what they do when they fail, it sounds exactly like what has happened to mine. So, for everyone that thinks it won't happen to them because I take care of my ski, you are wrong. I take very good care of mine and it happened with only 40hrs on it. I will be taking it off tomorrow and sending it to Jerry for a rebuild.
    Thanks again.
    sorry to here about your troubles.
    I want to say welcome to the forum based on your post but you have been here almost as long as me.

Quote Originally Posted by 55Cameo View Post
    Thanks again.
    You're going to need to do more than just send the SC to Jerry to be rebuilt. Check the oil pump screens for ceramic debris and other areas that it can collect. If you don't you're riding a ticking time bomb. Don't cut corners, do it right the first time.

Good luck man, That's how I found this great website... Now the addiction begins!!!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yeah, what Skoepp said. What did you do for the first 11 months that you were a member here? Let me guess you originally joined because you had a mechanical problem and 10 months later came back when the SC went.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    WOW!!! Is all I can say. You joined here a year ago (almost) because you wanted to know if you could install an '06 SC to make your ski more reliable. Almost everyone that replied to your post pointed out the fact that you should change your washers.

Sorry to bust your chops but like Jawz said "When are they going to learn?".

I didn't do anything at the time because my friend was going to do a SC rebuild on his at the same time. He tried to pull it out, couldn't get it out, and it has been down since. I really didn't want my ski to be down for that long not knowing how to get it back together. So, for all of you that don't have a life and want to beat on mine, PISS OFF. I've only had the ski out twice since then and now my friend went out and bought 2 new RXP-X's. I went out with him while he was breaking them in and mine started acting up. All I am trying to do is figure out how to fix it. We don't have any dealers in my city and I really don't want to take my ski 2 hours away to get something done to it so I am going to do it myself. I joined this site when I first purchased my RXP to read about them since I have never owned a PWC before. Sorry if my life doesn't revolve around watercraft. I have better things to do with my life than ragging on people about how they should have done something my way.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information