Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: RXPX grate

  1. #1
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    90

    RXPX grate

    Has anyone ever modified a stock RXPX grate and made it look like a stock RXP grate?
    Cut out the ramp out completely but leave 2 straight bars?

    btw and tested it out on the water?

    thanks


  2. #2
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    Has anyone ever modified a stock RXPX grate and made it look like a stock RXP grate?
    Cut out the ramp out completely but leave 2 straight bars?

    btw and tested it out on the water?

    thanks
    Aren't the X grates the same size as the RXT/GXT grates? Have you thought about using one of those and welding up the old hols and drilling new ones?

  3. #3
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    i cut everything off except the center square and just left it in the middle the width and height of the bars...........never did remove the little square out of the middle......the grate left with the hull to the guy in OH that bought it. it added 2 mph easily

  4. #4
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Aren't the X grates the same size as the RXT/GXT grates? Have you thought about using one of those and welding up the old hols and drilling new ones?
    Im not going to do anything............... just asking if anyone has ever done it and how it performed

  5. #5
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    I remember someone did. Who was the first person to share their results with cutting the wings off? I think they cut the whole ramp portion out at one point.

  6. #6
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i cut everything off except the center square and just left it in the middle the width and height of the bars...........never did remove the little square out of the middle......the grate left with the hull to the guy in OH that bought it. it added 2 mph easily
    I ran one just like your describing but the middle ramp was shorter then the bars on bottom and top. The wedge was also thined out with slight different angle. Ran that all summer with decent hook in chop and much better top end then the stocker..

    But that was on a T-X so does not apply.

  7. #7
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,340
    +1
    121
    Yes I have done this. Cut all of the wing out, looks just like a 215 but obvioulsy the opening is still bigger. Results are impressive.

  8. #8
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Yes I have done this. Cut all of the wing out, looks just like a 215 but it obvioulsy the opening is still bigger.
    ...and...any results?

  9. #9
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,340
    +1
    121
    73+ with no other mods except reverse bucket cut.
    no loss in acceleration
    hookup very good
    stability over chop/waves improved alot
    RPM seems to affect this cut more in relation to speed

    be careful though, you will need to address the stuffing issue

  10. #10
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    I would think no wing would help with the overstuff issue. No water being forced into the pump tunnel when you let off the throttle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB Worx Intake grate RxpX
    By danieletrono in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:35 AM
  2. RXPX WORX grate results:
    By eleventenths in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
  3. Wanted: RXPX Intake Grate R&D or Worx Maybe Riva
    By madtork in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 08:10 AM
  4. RXPX intake grate
    By flanscr99 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 12:39 PM
  5. Stan got hold of my rxpx did prop and grate = 74
    By racerrob333 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •