+1

Wanted: GTX/RXT Seat crossmember - bottom section

I need to replace the bottom half of the seat crossmember on my GTXSC. The RXT should be the same. Anyone have an extra laying around?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I need to replace the bottom half of the seat crossmember on my GTXSC. The RXT should be the same. Anyone have an extra laying around?
    what did you do???????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    what did you do???????????
    Quit asking so many questions...lol. Apparently I have been tightening to hard onthe 4 bolts connecting the top to the bottom. At first the front left was stripped, I thought it was catching threads, but who knows. The second, front right got tightend down after BUDS at the dealership...tech did that one, but he tried to rig a little something-something...and it held for a little while, so really, this left me with the back two bolts and partially a third. Well, last night, while I was reassembling the XS and was finishing up, I did it again to the back right bolt. I was on two bolts and needed to get one anyway. Surprisingly, they are no too bad in the store...just thought I could do better in classifieds.

Gatta get it fixed for a ride in W. Texas, right. I haven't forgotten. I am trying to con my dad in to taking me to see my grandmother, so gas would be on him. Then I could get away for a day/afternoon and ride. The trip would only cost me ski fuel...lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Quit asking so many questions...lol. Apparently I have been tightening to hard onthe 4 bolts connecting the top to the bottom. At first the front left was stripped, I thought it was catching threads, but who knows. The second, front right got tightend down after BUDS at the dealership...tech did that one, but he tried to rig a little something-something...and it held for a little while, so really, this left me with the back two bolts and partially a third. Well, last night, while I was reassembling the XS and was finishing up, I did it again to the back right bolt. I was on two bolts and needed to get one anyway. Surprisingly, they are no too bad in the store...just thought I could do better in classifieds.

Gatta get it fixed for a ride in W. Texas, right. I haven't forgotten. I am trying to con my dad in to taking me to see my grandmother, so gas would be on him. Then I could get away for a day/afternoon and ride. The trip would only cost me ski fuel...lol.

just let me know when so i can plan a head.

Thanks for the heads up on over tightening the cross member as i am notorius for over tightening stuff.

Thread Information