Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    rxp 04 and 05 difference

    hey guys i was wondering what the differences are if any between the 04 rpx and the 05 besides color. thanks for the responces..


  2. #2
    R.I.P. 11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    Posts
    1,571
    +1
    2
    I'd bet the hook is gone...

  3. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,378
    +1
    2,512
    unfortunately no, the hook is still there.

    besides the color, the only differences are the 05's come with a better supercharger clutch and the knock sensor update that was done to the 04 models is already built into the 05's.

  4. #4
    hey thanks for the reply i think im going to try and find a 04 for the green color..

  5. #5
    rx4pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    1,965
    +1
    2
    Don't they still make the green in '05? It was the yellow that was replaced by the red.

    The sponsons are a different look on the '05's. And there's chrome plastic around the trim and throttle bezzles.

    Can't think of anything else off hand other than decals.

  6. #6

    Re: rxp 04 and 05 difference

    Quote Originally Posted by wakeborder556
    hey guys i was wondering what the differences are if any between the 04 rpx and the 05 besides color. thanks for the responces..
    1 year....LOL

  7. #7
    Site Admin MikeTrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, ks
    Posts
    4,198
    +1
    50
    I am sure the 05 has fixed most of the mistakes from the 04.

    (leaky hull, hood hinge, loose hood latch)

    I think the best change is the new mats!! Someday I'll get new mats for my 04 and I'll finally be able to ride barefoot!!

    I also like the bling sponsons on the 05. Most will replace them but im not a bouy course rider, i like to spin out my ski.

  8. #8
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    I am sure the 05 has fixed most of the mistakes from the 04.

    (leaky hull, hood hinge, loose hood latch)

    I think the best change is the new mats!! Someday I'll get new mats for my 04 and I'll finally be able to ride barefoot!!

    I also like the bling sponsons on the 05. Most will replace them but im not a bouy course rider, i like to spin out my ski.
    BLING sponsons ha ha

  9. #9
    mgo7483's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    And there's chrome plastic around the trim and throttle bezzles.
    My 04 has the chrome on the handlebars in those same places.

    But, thats just because I bought them and put them on.... hehehe

    I also have heard that there is some change with supercharger clutch, but I'm not 100% sure.

    P.S.
    The green & black ones are faster...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS '04 RXP and '05 RXT w/ trailer
    By NCHeel in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 06:14 PM
  2. valve problems in 04 and 05 4tecs
    By cfnnslsq in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 10:05 AM
  3. Why 2 Springs on the Relief Valve For 04 and 05's
    By JeffSki in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 07:50 AM
  4. differences between 03-04 gp1300 and 05-08 gp1300
    By TDSTYG in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 12:41 PM
  5. 04 and maybe 05 RXP owners answer me this question
    By yellow4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •