Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

DJSA Nov 16th ENDURO ROLL CALL requested...

Hey guys -

Many of you from the north and south ends of the State have asked me about having one last enduro race before the year ends. With holidays rapidly approaching, and travel cost being what they are, it only seems logical to have it the day after the final awards race and dinner at Six Flags, especially for those from the south who mentioned coming up for the awards race. Although I and the team will probably be wiped out from saturday - it only makes sense to run it while they're still "in the hood".

That would make it Sunday morning on Nov 16th somewhere around 11am.

If you are interested in running a 75 mile enduro in 2 seperately timed legs, please let me know so I can start putting it together.

The run would be based out of Lauritzens Yacht Harbor in Oakley, which is about a 35 minute drive from Six Flags. Comfort Suites (and Caffino) located 2 blocks away.

First leg - from the Antioch Bridge, to the Benicia Bridge and back. (40 miles)

Short break for fueling and a quick BBQ lunch at the harbor.

Second leg - from the Antioch Bridge, to the Rio Vista Bridge and back. (35 miles)

Both times will be combined for an overall score.
    Fuel available along the way.

Entries -
    $40 if you ran the Six Flags race the day before
    $60 if you didn't
    and for the diehard standup tribe who has told me they "want some" we'll fit you crazy people in as well, but - this is all dependant upon rider interest.

If you want it - we'll deliver it on a silver platter, and if you want to pass until next year, I'll totally understand. Please hit your name on the list if you're in.

Thanks in advance -
    jim

North Sits
    Thomas
    Brown

South Sits
    Friebe

North Standups

South Standups

+1
    Oh...Heck Ya!

North Sits
    Thomas
    Brown
    Ignacio
    Schrock
    Chatty
    Karty

South Sits
    Friebe1
    Leu / SKISURFONE
    Mark G

North Standups

South Standups

+1
    Updated 10/24/08

North Sits
    Thomas
    Brown
    Ignacio
    Schrock
    Chatty
    Gordon Lasiter
    Garcia
    KARTY------CHASE BOAT--AKA-BEER BOAT!

South Sits
    Steve Friebe
    Cheng Leu
    Mark Gerner
    John Belton
    Paul Pham
    Lee Phan
    Larry Ham
    Jerry Ham
    Pirate - riding Casper in the 1200 sprint class
    Dubz1

North Standups
    JOHN BONKOWSKI
    jerry powers

South Standups

how!!!!

i would just like to know how the stand-ups are going to stand up for70-plus miles........ just a thought!! p.s joe orr could pull this standin on his head!! lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by x2 pimp View Post
    i would just like to know how the stand-ups are going to stand up for70-plus miles........ just a thought!! p.s joe orr could pull this standin on his head!! lol
    There will be a shorter route for the standups. However I believe Bonkowski is going to run the full 70. He is among a handfull who have done the Mark Hahn 300 solo on a standup. Actually, I know Looter did it one year. Also Rager31 (Aaron)did it last year. And I believe there was a woman who did it a couple years ago. Shawn Alladio used to race the LB2CAT race on a standup. Endurance,,, it's all about "WILLPOWER".

+1
    Hey guys,

Final info and signups for the enduro will be out monday after we get through race #13 at Six Flags this saturday. Sorry to keep you hanging, but although we are doing this at the last minute at the end of a busy race season, this is shaping up to be one heck of a day !

I'll list GPS coodinants next week but you really aren't going to need them.

If you get the chance to pull up online charts of the San Joaquin River from Oakley Calif to Benicia, that will probably be your best friend...
    Other "names" you'll be travelling on are New York Slough, Suisun Bay, and part of Carquinez Strait.

For the second leg to Rio Vista, you'll be primarily on the Sacramento River from Oakley, to Rio Vista and back. If I can find those pertinent charts I will post them for you.

This will be different for you from being out in the open ocean and only having GPS coodinants to rely on. In this race, your best friends will be those green and red channel markers with numbers on them, which will guide you all the way up and down the river.

From Oakley going west to Benica, you'll be keeping the red channel markers to your left side, and the green markers to your right. That will keep you centered on course and in th echannel. Returning from Benicia it will be opposite.... red right, green left.

When racing from Oakley to Rio Vista, the Sacramento River channel markers will be red on the right, green on the left. When returning from Rio Vista, it will be green on the right, and red on the left.

Might sound confusing, but on the Inland waterways, anytime you are travelling down river AWAY from the Golden Gate Bridge, the rule always stands... RED - RIGHT Returning, meaning keep the red to your right when you are returning from sea and heading towards the delta.

When you are heading up river from the delta towards the Golden Gate Bridge, the rule is opposite. Green - Right, and Red Left... Following those basics will ALWAYS keep you on course, and centered in the shipping channel.

Team Orange, several support boats, and that very cool 140 mph rescue boat will all be on hand to make sure no one gets lost or into trouble. At the end of the run, Chris Lauritzen of Lauritzen's Yacht Harbor has promised to put on a chicken and rib bbq that will have you going home with a smile on your face.... If you're tired before the ride home, my home away from home - CAFFINO DRIVE THRU EXPRESSO - is only 2 blocks away!!! (I personally recommend the 32oz non fat iced latte with 8 extra shots)

Looking forward to seeing you guys "Rip the River!!!"
    Talk soon

jim

+1
    As of 10/30/08

North Sits
    Thomas
    Brown
    Ignacio
    Schrock
    Chatty
    KARTY------CHASE BOAT--AKA-BEER BOAT!
    Gordon Lasiter
    Garcia

South Sits
    Steve Friebe
    Cheng Leu
    Mark Gerner
    John Belton
    Paul Pham
    Lee Phan
    Larry Ham
    Jerry Ham
    Pirate - riding Casper in the 1200 sprint class
    Dubz1
    Pat Roque
    Sean Conner

North Standups
    JOHN BONKOWSKI
    jerry powers

South Standups

Lets do this!!!!

Jim, is the first leg 70 miles??

Anyone up in Nor cal area that wants to race, COME ON OUT...This is gonna be a fun one!.

+1
    Can't wait to see you guys run, Chris and I will be staying up the river so we can come on down and watch the action.

+1
    Hey Jim,

You can go right ahead and include Kevin Shaw - Personal Watercraft Illustrated to that list.

(I'm still waiting to hear from my Associate Editor, Justin Stannard. We might have two guys from PWI.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information