Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New rebuilt 215 Engine with very low compression

I was brought a 215 06 Engine from North County Kawasaki Jet Ski in San Diego,they claim that it was fresh rebuilt Engine.After paying $2500+$600shipping and waiting 4month the engine finally arrived.

I install the Enigne and check the compression,I found a shock the 1hole is 120psi,2nd Hole is 20psi,3rd Hole is 100psi.Wrote a email to them and they told me I fucked up the setup...please tell me how to fucked up the setup if the engine not even on water...

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    was the engine complete with head and timing chain on? any signs of rust in the port/valve area has it ever run? you cant mess anything up installing it to effect compression if the motor was complete.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I bet this was a short block and he has a bad valve. If it was complete I think they would have done a compression test before shipping and caught this.

No rust at all,this a fresh rebuilt engine I brought from them. I belive something wrong in the process of rebuilt,maybe not proper fix Ring,sleeve,valve or something else.I don't think they check the compression as well.

I pour in almost 7 litre of oil,the engine keep eating my oil.Start 40sec pour in 1/2 litre then disapear,add 1/2litre again also disapear.

Why are you putting so much oil? Four liters is all you would put in a dry engine.

Also, I wonder if they were slow on the shipping the engine so that you couldn't get a refund through your credit card company... Ron

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Sounds like you are going to need another engine. Probably a SBT engine anyways and they were the middleman. Why would you buy a BRP motor from a Kawi dealer?

that sucks, take it apart and see what's wrong, down on compression can only be two things... valves not seated or they're bent, or piston rings stuck (or wasted)...

Quote Originally Posted by cckeong View Post
    No rust at all,this a fresh rebuilt engine I brought from them. I belive something wrong in the process of rebuilt,maybe not proper fix Ring,sleeve,valve or something else.I don't think they check the compression as well.

I pour in almost 7 litre of oil,the engine keep eating my oil.Start 40sec pour in 1/2 litre then disapear,add 1/2litre again also disapear.
    If its eating oil, its the piston rings. Do a WET COMPRESSION TEST. Shoot a couple squirts of oil into the cylinder and wait a couple seconds for the oil to make its way around the cylinder. then do throw the comp gauge on it test it, if the readings have gone up a substantial amount, its rings.

IF that test doesnt show anything then do a CYLINDER LEAKAGE TEST

Make sure all the valves are closed in the cylinder that's being tested (compression stroke). If its leaking out the exhaust, exhaust valves are leaking, if its leaving out the intake, intake valves are leaking, if its leaking out the crankcase vent, rings are screwed. also see if air is coming out of the other cylinder while doing this test if that's the case then the head gasket leaking or was installed improperly.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    If its eating oil, its the piston rings. Do a WET COMPRESSION TEST. Shoot a couple squirts of oil into the cylinder and wait a couple seconds for the oil to make its way around the cylinder. then do throw the comp gauge on it test it, if the readings have gone up a substantial amount, its rings.

IF that test doesnt show anything then do a CYLINDER LEAKAGE TEST

Make sure all the valves are closed in the cylinder that's being tested (compression stroke). If its leaking out the exhaust, exhaust valves are leaking, if its leaving out the intake, intake valves are leaking, if its leaking out the crankcase vent, rings are screwed. also see if air is coming out of the other cylinder while doing this test if that's the case then the head gasket leaking or was installed improperly.
    I will do a WET COMPRESSION TEST and CYLINDER LEAKAGE TEST tomorrow.
    I should brought from BPR Dealer not Kawi Dealer,the engine took so long to ship is because shipping to oversea takes time.The payment was pre wire transfer.
    What I receive from them by mail is always FUCK word...and a Big COCK Jpg.So this is the service from
    North County Kawasaki

111 C St
    Encinitas, CA 92024

(760) 753-6933

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cckeong View Post
    ... What I receive from them by mail is always F*@k word...and a Big C#@K Jpg. So this is the service from
    North County Kawasaki
    REALLY!... I am honestly speechless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information