Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sho speedo ?- Riva & R&D parts !!

Have just fitted R&D Yamaha SHO Pro Series Ride Plate the speedo pickup is fitted into correct position but only works occasionally any ideas ? tried bolting it under the plate - no speedo reading at all !
    Last edited by Eccy; 10-22-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Heading

+1
    Welcome to the forum
    Does the wheel on the speedo spin freely?

Yes the wheel on the speedo does spin freely! its as if its not low enough, or angled down by the pickup wheel ?
    Just to explain what has been done so far ! All riva products
    intake manifold kit, intake grate, pump seal kit, induction kit, free flow exhaust - have now taken off (to noisy & vibration)
    and have now fitted R&D Yamaha SHO Pro Series Ride Plate with the speedo problems.
    Just for interest with free flow exhaust fitted top speed 66 mph, with stock exhaust 71 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Eccy View Post
    Yes the wheel on the speedo does spin freely! its as if its not low enough, or angled down by the pickup wheel ?
    Just to explain what has been done so far ! All riva products
    intake manifold kit, intake grate, pump seal kit, induction kit, free flow exhaust - have now taken off (to noisy & vibration)
    and have now fitted R&D Yamaha SHO Pro Series Ride Plate with the speedo problems.
    Just for interest with free flow exhaust fitted top speed 66 mph, with stock exhaust 71 mph
    Are those GPS numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Are those GPS numbers?

+1

+1
    Eccy, check the wire of the paddle wheel sensor. It can become lodged in between the hull and your new ride plate when you put it back on. Check the wire for damage. That can cause erratic signals to be sent to your speedometer gauge. Hope this helps.

Sho speedo ?- Riva & R&D parts !!

No there not GPS numbers? just by digital speedo when working.
    Checked the wire of the paddle wheel sensor, it's not lodged anywhere and no damage seen.
    Tried something else! -- when turning left -( leaning over ) it has erratic signals but the speedo works again ? goes up to about 30mph then back to 0mph again, and this repeats itself.
    This is with the sensor in correct position on ride plate
    It makes me wonder if the location of the speedo sensor is in the correct position on the R&D ride plate ?. Is anyone else getting these problems ?

+1
    Do you have another ski with a working speedo? Try to exchange the wheels and see if it works. I had to change it on my HO before because is was rusting inside although it spins normally. The seadoo wheel works with it too. To be clear, I am only referring to the wheel and not the whole sensor assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eccy View Post
    No there not GPS numbers? just by digital speedo when working.
    Checked the wire of the paddle wheel sensor, it's not lodged anywhere and no damage seen.
    Tried something else! -- when turning left -( leaning over ) it has erratic signals but the speedo works again ? goes up to about 30mph then back to 0mph again, and this repeats itself.
    This is with the sensor in correct position on ride plate
    It makes me wonder if the location of the speedo sensor is in the correct position on the R&D ride plate ?. Is anyone else getting these problems ?

I never had a problem with mine. I just noticed dat de digital speedo use to show 118km/h and now it reads no more than 110-111km/h. I think its de mounting position. Try putting back on de stock plate and see what it does.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R3_killa View Post
    I never had a problem with mine. I just noticed dat de digital speedo use to show 118km/h and now it reads no more than 110-111km/h. I think its de mounting position.
    Mine does about the same speed in km/h. Anyone know how to change it to MPH. Can't find anything in the manual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information