Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

IJSBA quakysense World Finals 2008 - K38

To Fans, Competitors/Teams and the IJSBA Staff,

I have been appointed in the position of IJSBA Water Safety Directorship for several years. I have learned valuable insights and pitfalls during my own competitive experiences, including promotional and event management through several decades of observance and response. I am a Patriot, not a perfect one, with faults and flaws, which also translates for me that I am dedicated to this boating industry; business, partners, associates and governing bodies. However when placed in a leadership role one must be hard on oneself to fulfill the needs of those we serve, but also forgiving. The problem with this comes awareness and accountability. I drove my team hard and expected the best for the event. This event pushes our staff beyond the emotional context of a single race, it takes a toll to stay consistent. I applaud our staff.

I have read postings of negative responses, as well as courteous and straightforward expressions, none which surprise me. I am thankful to serve in this position and our staff and supporting sponsors believe in this event and the competitors. It is my hope that from our perspective and a dialogue of gratitude I am presenting you will gain insight into our dedication on your behalf and to remind yourself how fortunate we are to have an event like this easily and readily accessible.

There is a related partnership that exists for the synergy of an event of this magnitude to thrive. It begins on the level of equipment, both personal and boat based, family support, personal investment and expenses, sacrifices, team building, dedication, passion and trust, and not limited to levels of disappointment. We too feel this and deal with the repercussions, sad moments and celebrations; for you race one race, we are with every single race, each and every day till quitting time.

The most important thing I have come to accept and trust is that racing is not fair, nor is life. This is due to our own unique human condition. The pursuit of chance, hope and glory not excluding risk are some of the measured ingredients that serve us in our sport. There are many positive moments that transpire through the course of one day of competition at the IJSBA World Finals. We on our staff celebrate the success and achievements of those who travel far and wide to be a part of this special motorized sport.

The first morning of the Finals I gathered my staff and told them this:

"Today champions are being honed and will be heralded, remember this is somebodies World Finals, and it is yours. Do not give your Best, Give All."

I trained a staff from several countries, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Poland, and the US. This was the second time I have trained a fully international Water Safety Staff for the World Finals. This is very important to our global PWC community. For the World Finals is not about America, nor Americans, it is about International competition, it is about 'people'. I applaud those who come from other nations and travel to the City of Lake Havasu, not an easy journey for them or equipment. Their sacrifices and dedication pall in comparison to our own, for I wonder how many US competitors would likewise travel outside of the US to participate in a World Finals? Think about that and find gratitude.

Leading the K38 Course Marshal team was a privilege, it had its difficulties like all things racing, however I am very proud of the team we coordinated. They earned my respect and I have faith they will take the knowledge invested in them and inject it into their own national racing programs. This was the goal, to set the standard people have been clamoring for and these people responded to the call. They are certified as Course Marshals and bear the distinguished K38 approval for thier efforts. Mission completed for 2008.

I would like to show my appreciation to the following on behalf of my staff:

quakeysense
    Thank you for outfitting 'kits' for each of our course marshals and staff. This year they donated gear for 20 people, this is no small investment as you can all imagine and we truly appreciate not only the support for our team, but for the entire event.

IJSBA
    I have had the privilege of observing the World Finals for over two decades and I'm just as thrilled at the competition now as when only stand ups were on the starting line. Thank you Mr. Frazier for your efforts to ensure we celebrated a growth spurt in attendance for the 2008 event. Thank you for compiling such a tremendous staff this year!

Race Directors
    Blake, Jeremy and Jacque. Thank you for being our team leaders, it is not easy feat to take the 'point' on the trail ahead. Jeremy I look forward to seeing you each and every year, you speak my language well, and Blake is a maintstay of the watery main with his heart and soul invested before, during and after, Jacque is the keeper of the Water Watch and We've got your backside brothers! Always a pleasure.

Staff
    Mark, Mikey, Scoring Ladies, Registration, Announcers, Daryl, Simon, Starters, Staging, Tech, everyone on staff who works hard beyond the normal scope of a regular day, and believe me they do not do it for the financial reward, but for their spirit and passion, I salute all of you and thank you for helping our team help you.

K38 Team
    K38! What is your Occupation? REScue! Hou Hou Hou...that's right, don't forget it.

This was the first year we had female course marshals certified, I am really proud to have sistahs working in the lineup to carry the torch when I retire. This team worked very hard, a difficult task, but rewarding.

BJ (your mom), Joe, Jon, Fabio, Kuba, Marta, Jochi, Dominik, Paolo, JC, Mical, Francesco, Dorota, Sylvi, (I'm missing someone) my children Kyla and Shaniah and Ryan, Kaye Sykes for your support and kindess to others, Mark Gerner our Champion, and our Young, the Mellon Brothers, Bryant from Hypnotic Films and Ryan, Kelli for coming down to see our madness

Brad Southworth
    Bad Brad is the real deal. Congratulations on being accepted into the IJSBA Hall of Fame. Brad is my PWC hero, he is the First Generation, of which the rest of us are offshoots of and I am proud and honored to call him my friend. I have learned well Brad.

Kawasaki Motors Corporation
    You are only as good as the boat you are on, and we are thankful for the support from Kawasaki. We had 8 Kawasaki STX 15-F's on the course this year working on your behalf. The normal load is only 4. Kawasaki is committed to safety, education and fun on the water, are you?

AWA
    The American Watercraft Association, our partners in your boating freedom, your right to ride. Get on Board, get RIDE magazine and member benefits. Are you dedicated to your sport, a real Patriot or a user? Collectively our numbers in unity help serve our community voice, apathy like voting, if you don't vote you don't have to right to talk politics in my book. Participate, it will make you feel good.

Congratulations
    To all the competitors, winners and losers alike. I will tell you something important. Failure is the best measure of character. For what you take from your failure, your discouragement, anger, resentments, they say something about 'who you truly are'. So ask yourself, 'are you a better person' for that experience, and if not, the next time it comes around, try changing one thing and see what happens. You will either be amused or enlightened. There is much to be said about defeat, it is a good indicator of a true champion. Ask me how I know?

Remember: "Steady as she goes"........learn how to manage adrenaline, do not waste it and learn to control your emotions along with your phsyical so you can harness energy and momentum to your advantage....

GREENHULK
    Sorry I didn't get to hang at the booth, but I did see it! Nice to come back home and get into my little forum cave again! Nice to meet you boys and howdy O'side! RUDEDOG thanks for being our perpetual victim!!!

California Department of Boating and Waterways and Arizona Fish and Game
    Thank you for sending your boating safety information to distirbute. The odd thing was how much the international participants took the information more often than our citizens. Something is wrong with that picture. Please take a boating education class, get insurance on your body and boat, stay phsyically fit, get proper rest, know your boat, take a basic first aid course and CPR, go prepared, the more you know, the better the overall experience. Trust me on that. Invest a little of your time and receive personal and rewarding benefits. Get your family involved.

Liquid Militia Clothing
    Thank you for your interest in our threads. I was stokked to see people walking the vendor ally and wearing the shirts, thank you for supporting our company, we love you for that! Get Wet or Go Home!

PWCoffshore.com Race Team
    Don't forget our endurance racers! Brothers, will be seeing you soon on the Pacific Blue. Thanks for the support during our work at Worlds, and get a LB2CAT dvd, go to the website...don't be shy.

K38 Sponsors: Kawasaki, Liquid Militia, OTB Boots, Mustang Survival, Gath Headgear, Hydroturf, Kanalu K38. I believe in you, thank you for beliving in me and our programs, together we make a significant difference.

David Puu
    Thanks for taking the pictures of me and Brad after World Finals. You are a warrior of epic proprotions, even if your weapon is a camera, your shot is sure.

Hydrotoys-thanks for the great pictures you took!

Our Parties:
    Aha and Maya thanks for all the help! BJ and family, please leave Dushawn with us a little longer! The Russians, Polish Vodka vs. Water, Jared Aljourny and crew, thanks for the pit stops, Kaye and Family, Carlos Thomas, Pirate, Pig, I'm forgetting too many people, I'm sorry! Thanks for coming by, cooking, cleaning, helping, laughing, laughing some more and sharing your spirit with our commune!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hawnbriefing.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	490.3 KB 
ID:	100568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0094.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	100569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0542.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	871.4 KB 
ID:	100570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0559.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	100571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0735.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	100572  
    Last edited by shawn alladio; 10-23-2008 at 02:14 AM. Reason: forgot someone

+1
    A few more pics...

Name:	course marshals 08.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	100573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	race boat reviews.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	100574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA120432.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	100575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA100278.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	100576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA060140.jpg 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	100577  

if anybody has some K38 photos please post here !

I wanted to give some BIG CREDIT to Shawn and the ENTIRE K38 crew. They worked their azzes off for an entire week, spending HOURS on the water, in the heat early in the week, and wind at the later part of the week. Thank you Shawn and crew for what you guys do for the sport. It was awsome meeting the INTERNATIONAL crew at the house Friday night, THANK YOU for the good BBQ food.. All of your crew from oversees seemed like GOOD people! Great meeting them as well. See ya soon.

+1
    This was made by Jochi Pardo of K38 Spain, please enjoy!
    Shawn

+1
    Dubz-Thanks on behalf of all! The barbecue was groovy, next year even better as we'll put you to work! LOL Aha did us well and it was definetly a team family event, welcome to the family!
    Shawn

+1
    A few more situations...

Vid of Craig Warner defending his Title
    http://blip.tv/file/1387273

Name:	DSC_0483.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	100598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0550.jpg 
Size:	991.1 KB 
ID:	100599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0717.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	920.2 KB 
ID:	100600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0738.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	749.9 KB 
ID:	100601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k38 shawn standups.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	100602  

here i'm !!! MORTAL COMBAT IN ACTION

This was made by Jochi Pardo of K38 Spain

Name:	PA120447.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	100603  

+1
    Dom-That pic is hilarious, suits you perfectly Boss!
    I wouldn't want to mess with u!

Name:	Dominik.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	100604  

Quote Originally Posted by shawn alladio View Post
    Dom-That pic is hilarious, suits you perfectly Boss!
    I wouldn't want to mess with u!
    ungryyyyy.bossS ?? heheheh

K38-mom we love you-all of us !!!!!!!

i can't wait to meet Fabio ..... i have some water for him

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information