Removed Carbs, RV problem

Working on a 93 XP and I removed the RV cover to get the carbs off to have them rebuilt. For some stupid reason I forgot to remove the lanyard switch and accidently bumed the start button for a few seconds. I am assuming this means my RV timing needs to be reset? If so can anyone tell me how difficult this is to do and where I can get a degree wheel?

Thanks

If you didn't take off the actual RV, it will be fine. If you took off the valve of the splined shaft, you'll need to re-time it. Taking off the cover will not affect the timing.

awesome. so even though the motor turned over the valve moved with it, meaning the timing is still right where it needs to be? Thanks!!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
    awesome. so even though the motor turned over the valve moved with it, meaning the timing is still right where it needs to be? Thanks!!
    Yes, as long as it didn't blow it off the splines.

Smile

Dude here comes a safety lecture ,whenever working on a ski dis connect a battery lead!!!you can get away without doing it a 100 times then you are either going to get your fingers cut off or cause thousands of dollars in damage to engine, try hitting starter with cylinders off and pistons on the rods!!!Please please!please! take the 2 minutes and disconnect the battery.I would fire one of my mechanics if I had ever caught them not doing thatJMHO>Marvin

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    Dude here comes a safety lecture ,whenever working on a ski dis connect a battery lead!!!you can get away without doing it a 100 times then you are either going to get your fingers cut off or cause thousands of dollars in damage to engine, try hitting starter with cylinders off and pistons on the rods!!!Please please!please! take the 2 minutes and disconnect the battery.I would fire one of my mechanics if I had ever caught them not doing thatJMHO>Marvin
    +1

Thread Information