Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2

    Got a new toy today

    Got a new toy today for under 300 with a two year warranty. My last one blew up! thanks Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01228.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	100700  


  2. #2
    GREAT toy to have

  3. #3
    SpeedJunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,118
    +1
    35
    I have the same compressor except its about 3 years old, nice big tank and refresh rate is fast. You'll like it.

  4. #4
    krenzema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston - Sarasota
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by L Carlson View Post
    Got a new toy today for under 300 with a two year warranty. My last one blew up! thanks Lee

    Blew up? The engine or the tank?

  5. #5
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by krenzema View Post
    Blew up? The engine or the tank?
    The top side the tank is like brand new? Lee

  6. #6
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,014
    +1
    285
    Keep in mind that compressors should never be bolted down solidly. I did this to mine and ended up cracking the motor frame. The manufacturer said that it could have cracked the tank.

    They said that it should have had isolators between the compressor and the floor. I asked why isolators weren't included, nor even mentioned in the instructions. They said that newer units now mentioned it in the instructions.

  7. #7
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Lee several years ago my little 3hp compressor took a dump. I had owned it for a long time, and my wife says go get another. I think she still regrets not being a little more specific I came with an 80 gallon upright 10hp twin pump I love it

  8. #8

    air

    My new compressor came on a pallet. I left it bolted to that and drilled anchor bolts through the bottom part of the paller. So far so good....

    Since I have Napa connections thats what I got. When I built my new garage I had a concrete slab formed outside for the compressor. You cant even hear it run....This is good info for someone who is planning to build a shop or garage....

  9. #9
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Lee several years ago my little 3hp compressor took a dump. I had owned it for a long time, and my wife says go get another. I think she still regrets not being a little more specific I came with an 80 gallon upright 10hp twin pump I love it
    Bill that is what I really needed. Craigs list and the paper did me wrong had to get one in a hurry! Got to love the wife on those mis haps! Hope she lasts for a while had my last one for 7 yrs, The bitch finally died! Lee

  10. #10
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    My new compressor came on a pallet. I left it bolted to that and drilled anchor bolts through the bottom part of the paller. So far so good....

    Since I have Napa connections thats what I got. When I built my new garage I had a concrete slab formed outside for the compressor. You cant even hear it run....This is good info for someone who is planning to build a shop or garage....
    Very nice! My problem is brick pavers. Have no way of doing that the correct way. Wheels are helping the situation. I just wish Oside didn't need his any more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Got my new toys this weekend.
    By Antiguan FZR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 01:49 AM
  2. Got a new toy
    By BBCaprice in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM
  3. I got a new monitor today...
    By boataddict in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 09:50 AM
  4. Mom got a new car today!!!
    By Pettee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 11:33 AM
  5. Got a new "Toy" For college!
    By Totallyblown in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •