Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

silicone elbow reducer??

is there any chance this elbow reducer could collape if the intake filter gets restricted, or the kanaflex? how hard can th SC suck??
    i want to put together a 4" intake system and i am contemplating kanaflex tubing and silicone elbow coupler/reducer, anyone got any spare parts they arent using anymore, or any other setup that would work better??
    03 GTX SC btw...
    trying to get 200-300 rpm from my solas 12/20,
    currently running 7000-7100rpm at 63 mph, in the summer (hot temps)7300-7400 rpm in the fall (cool temps)
    stock SC.
    trying to decide rear air, or front air, cuz i ride in salt water and surf is an issue sometimes...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    is there any chance this elbow reducer could collape if the intake filter gets restricted, or the kanaflex? how hard can th SC suck??
    i want to put together a 4" intake system and i am contemplating kanaflex tubing and silicone elbow coupler/reducer, anyone got any spare parts they arent using anymore, or any other setup that would work better??
    03 GTX SC btw...
    currently running 7000-7100rpm at 63 mph, in the summer (hot temps)7300-7400 rpm in the fall (cool temps)
    stock SC.
    trying to decide rear air, or front air, cuz i ride in salt water and surf is an issue sometimes...

It could....If you are gonna do a kanflex setup, just get the R&D adapter from jerry's store...Makes things 100x's easier

+1
    03 GTX SC btw...
    stock SC.
    Man those RPMs are bouncing all over the place. 63 MPH at 7100 RPM?

I was running about 61-62 at 7600 stock....with SC problems the 185s start seeing 6800 RPMs and about 55-58 MPH.

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    I use the 4inch to 3inch silicon reducer to the SC. Have done for over 12months with no issues. I run rear air with a 7 inch long filter (plenty of volume)with pre filter cover from K&N. Intake air temps have less affect on performance than higher water temps trying cool the I/C so I don't worry to much about where the filter sits.

+1
    this is a non intercooled unit, originally a 185hp ski.
    my rpm's are consistent, all summer long they were around 7100 when it was hot and warm water, the hotter it got, the lower the rpm's would be.
    now in the fall, the rpms are a bit better, as the air is alot cooler and the water is now around 64. i have seen 7450rpm.
    so heat fade is getting me for 250 to 300 rpm. so i am going to do the thermostat upgrade and get to a 4" air intake and see if that helps me get some of those rpms back.

Banned User
    +1
    Alex, you need to get that bad boy to 7600...My fathers old 04 GTX would never drop less than 7500 in the heat of the summer...

Alex-
    believe me this hurts but:
    I have to agree with Danny on BOTH major points here...

1. Run the Kanaflex to a R&D adapter at the S/C.
    2. You've got other issues, get the RPMs back up...

Good Luck brother...

JP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    I use the 4inch to 3inch silicon reducer to the SC. Have done for over 12months with no issues.
    +1..You will not have any problems with it collapsing...I have run mine for over 2 years and have had ZERO issues..If you want to use the Silicone reduser elbow i would say go for it.

+1
    this is a non intercooled unit, originally a 185hp ski.
    my rpm's are consistent, all summer long they were around 7100 when it was hot and warm water, the hotter it got, the lower the rpm's would be.
    now in the fall, the rpms are a bit better, as the air is alot cooler and the water is now around 64. i have seen 7450rpm.
    so heat fade is getting me for 250 to 300 rpm. so i am going to do the thermostat upgrade and get to a 4" air intake and see if that helps me get some of those rpms back.

What I meant was...That ski should be running 7600 in the summer and 7600 in the Fall/Winter. Bend the prop, or find alternate means to maintain a consistant RPM.

I did not mean that the RPMs were bouncing daily. Sorry for the confussion. --jeremy

+1
    i know i need to get 7600 rpm's
    my new solas 12/20 was tweeked by the prior owner for a much more modified setup.
    so before i "untweek" it, i figured i would try some easy mods to get the rpms up.
    i will probably be getting a greenwheel over the winter.
    other stuff i can do for alot cheeper is
    4" intake
    hull venting
    thermostat mod.

any other suggestions to get rpms up??

PS the ski was doing a solid 7650 right before i put the tweeked 12/20 in. all other variations in rpm are from weather conditions it runs the same rpm all day long, just depends if its a hot day or a cool day... i will note that before teh ski is totally warmed up(before heat fade sets in) i always get 100 rpms higher than the readings i will get for the rest of the day.
    otherwise ski runs perfect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information