Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673

    Question for those who have installed seat covers

    I'm trying to install my new jet trim seat cover and cannot even drive 1 damn staple into the plastic seat frame What the hell kind of staples have you guys used I've tried several stape sizes and 3 different staple guns... can't get a 1 to go in


  2. #2
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,437
    +1
    179
    I had to buy a pneumatic stapler gun from harbor freight, and stainless staples for it

  3. #3
    kp04rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pipersville, PA
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    I had to buy a pneumatic stapler gun from harbor freight, and stainless staples for it
    This is the best route. A normal spring loaded staple gun will not work well.

    You could pick one up locally I'm sure, Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, Haradware store...etc.

  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    9,517
    +1
    662
    pneumatic stapler and work with the air pressure to get it just right!

    .

  5. #5
    DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,338
    +1
    39
    Pneumatic is the only way to go. The hand/spring or electric staplers will not get the job done.

  6. #6
    Take the seat and cover to an upholsterer. For $25 they will install the seat cover for you with the stainless steel staples. Problem solved!
    That's exactly what I did.

    Mark

  7. #7
    me and my bf have installed two of the jettrim seat covers already

    picked up an electric stapler from home depot for about $30, and stainless steel 3/8" staples. (MAKE SURE they're stainless steel, or everything will rust into bits in the salt)

    really, the trick is in the tacking... get both ends (front and back) nicely tacked down, then work towards the front of the seat. get someone to help you stretch the fabric, turn the seat towards you, and staple straight downwards on a hard surface, using your weight to get the staple to shoot in straight.

    a bit of elbow grease, but no need for pneumatic guns or anything take your time, it's worth it. the seat cover looks soooo much better than the original.

  8. #8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stock & JetTrim Seats Side by Side.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	100866  

  9. #9
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by pwcbabe View Post
    me and my bf have installed two of the jettrim seat covers already

    picked up an electric stapler from home depot for about $30, and stainless steel 3/8" staples. (MAKE SURE they're stainless steel, or everything will rust into bits in the salt)

    really, the trick is in the tacking... get both ends (front and back) nicely tacked down, then work towards the front of the seat. get someone to help you stretch the fabric, turn the seat towards you, and staple straight downwards on a hard surface, using your weight to get the staple to shoot in straight.

    a bit of elbow grease, but no need for pneumatic guns or anything take your time, it's worth it. the seat cover looks soooo much better than the original.
    I've tried using my electric stapler with "arrow" 5/16" stainless steel staples... just crushes the staples, or bends the legs out in opposite directions I've done many seat covers in the past with the same staples and never had a problem like this This seat shell is hard as shit

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    I've tried using my electric stapler with "arrow" 5/16" stainless steel staples... just crushes the staples, or bends the legs out in opposite directions I've done many seat covers in the past with the same staples and never had a problem like this This seat shell is hard as shit

    yeah, it's pretty tuff stuff we used the same brand. they'll work! place the seat on the floor or workbench and just push straight down with ALL your body weight and shoot straight in. a trick: use ordinary office bullclamps to hold the cover in place while you staple so you're not trying to stretch and staple at the same time.

    they'll sit nice, honestly. and get someone to help. it's MUCH easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Seadoo Snap-In Fenders: Questions For Those Who Have Them
    By Terp in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 01:33 PM
  2. Question for those who have a Air- Fuel-Ratio gauge on your ski ?
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 12:16 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 09:47 PM
  4. ?? for those that have installed HT mats
    By mxl16 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
  5. ? for those who have melted exhaust pipe.
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 07:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •