Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove driveshaft from pumphouse?

Yamaha 1100 pumphouse! (exciter jetboat)

How do I remove the driveshaft from the pumphouse (bearings)?

Do I press it out?
    If, which direction?

+1
    yes you press it out - I am not sure which way you have to push

Thanks Philip!

But this big nut on the other side (inside the cone), I didnīt have it??
    But there are threads on the shaft...? But I canīt see anything on partsfinder.. So I think there are no nut on this model!?

way you push from the long side to the cone side other ways you will destroy the stator

Anyone else who can confirm that its the correct way to press it out?.. donīt want to destroy something!!

/Robert

i am a certified yamaha tec and over 10 yrs of expiriens
    remove the cone on the rear, remove prop ,
    use a press or old the stator whit the shaft point down and hit the shaft agains the hard surface if the shaft is any good put a pice of wood on the floor to protec the splines the shaft will came out whit the rear bering atach the front bering will stay on the stator to remove the front bering remove the 2 seals remobe the bering atach to the shaft and use the shaft to push the front bering to the back
    if the 2 berings come out on the same time i will chage the stator since these mean is to much clerace
    i will recomend to change all the berings and seals if you need any of these parts i have them
    good look

philip i see you edit the post
    is a comun mistake to make but be carefull gprs pumps are diferent and other pumps and every year is diferent i know you just try to help but the post can cost exiter a stator or more
    and to clarified these on a gpr yes you can push the shaft to the front but not on gp and some older models

So if I understand correct, I should hit the shaft end there the cone are sitting, If this is correct I should been able to remove the shaft without remove the impeller on the shaft..
    BUT, why doesnīt the Exciter pump have this end "nut" on the shaft as the Gp1200 has, should be the same pumphouse!?
    The shaft from the exciter has threads on it, but there are no nut there?! strange!?

And look at partsfinder on this diffrent pumps I canīt see any nut on the exciterīs pump...??
    Nr24

Gp1200
    http://216.37.204.203/yamaha_OEM/Yam...e=13&A=62&B=10

Exciter
    http://216.37.204.203/Yamaha_OEM/Yam...pe=13&A=5&B=11

no you have to remove the prop the shaft came out on the direction of the cone (to the back of the pump )

the nut is use in same models and not in others if you use a double bering on the front and small single on the back you dont use the nut

Call me stupid, but I have some problems with reading and understanding english sometimes..

SHOULD I PRESS SO THE SHAFT COME OUT IN THE BACK (AND "back" is where the cone are sitting).
    Other words I press on the long end of the shaft (the side were the prop are sitting).

Is it correct?

And as I said call me stupid, but I rather ask I time to much than destroy my pump/stator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information