gpr1200 2000 model

hi guys lookin for some help just put a new intermediate shaft and new drive shaft on my ski and now it wont start put a brand new battery on it turning over and getting a spark but seems to be no fuel getting through as plugs are dry how do i test to see if fuel is reaching the plugs or have i missed something, could it be the fuel filter as the manual said you can blow through it one way but not the other and on mine you can blow both ways? any simplified help would be appreciated as im quite new to the mechanicals of skis!
    Thanks guys.

If the engine turns over and won't start? you can check the fuses on your electrical box.

+1
    verify you have the carb fuel lines on correct and they aren't reversed

thanks guys i will give your suggestions a try.

Work out what you did to get to the shafts that may have had an effect (I expect you moved the engine forward to get to the intermediate housing). Did you pull any feed lines from the carbs, if so, did you put them back on the right way. It doesn't sound electrics if you're getting a good spark to all 3 plugs, so I'd look to fuel. Did you squeeze any lines under brackets. If it ran before but doesn't now, look to what you may have done, before looking at other potential problems.

hi pauladave i did as you said it was running ok before i changed shafts but how do i actually confirm the fuel is getting to the carbs,if i take the fuel pipe off at the carb and turn the engine over should fuel come out the pipe or is there there another way i should do it? thanks

The carbs are the pumps, so I wouldn't expect fuel to flow if the feed pipe is off, unlike a car where there is a pump in the feed line. You should see fuel vapour with the plugs out, but beware of stray sparks etc! Check the online manual for the way the fuel pipes connect, and make sure the cables to the carbs are working OK. Also check the pulse lines from the carbs to the crankcase are all connected and not split. It's all a bit hit and miss with fuel on these things, but you will find it with patience!

+1
    Basics:

Make sure that your fuel knob is not in the off position.

Put about 4-8 CC's of fuel in at least 2 of your cylinders through the spark plug holes, then put the plugs back in and try to start. If it acts like it wants to start or actually starts for a short period then dies, try the same thing, this time with the choke on to help draw fuel into the cylinders. When you start it a 2nd time, put the choke back after a few seconds of run time.

If it doesn't start with fuel put directly into the cylinders, then there is a really good chance that your problem is electrical.

Point is to eleminate the question as to wether or not you have enough fuel to start by trying this.

Thread Information