Thread: GTX Sponsons

+1

GTX Sponsons

Have a 2007 GTX Ltd, my questions is will fitting the RIVA sponsons change the handling in tight spins.

Reason i ask, i have a RXP-X with them fitted, and when they are adjusted all the way UP (out of the water) it makes it fantastic fun in tight spins (you can get it to go backwards as there is very little grip etc). Obviously the opposite to when they all the way down.

Would they affect the GTX in the same way, ie would it be great for spinning & sliding with sponsons up?!

Sorry for a odd question but want to be sure before forking out $300 !

Dale

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dalef10ods View Post
    Have a 2007 GTX Ltd, my questions is will fitting the RIVA sponsons change the handling in tight spins.

Reason i ask, i have a RXP-X with them fitted, and when they are adjusted all the way UP (out of the water) it makes it fantastic fun in tight spins (you can get it to go backwards as there is very little grip etc). Obviously the opposite to when they all the way down.

Would they affect the GTX in the same way, ie would it be great for spinning & sliding with sponsons up?!

Sorry for a odd question but want to be sure before forking out $300 !

Dale
    You might add a 2 or 2.5 degree wedge I noticed my GTX was a little bit more slippery in the tail with it when I lost one of my skegs. That is all I can suggest as I have no experience with the sponsons

+1
    I bet it would turn a bit easier or more slippery, to use Darth's words. Remember that no matter what you do, the 3 seater will not turn quite as well as the 2 seater. Like trying to spin a barge. But don't get me wrong...the 3 seaters are still fun to spin and have fun with.

I have even learned how to submerge mine...tight turns with a little throtte and lean over the handle bars. When the nose cathes the water start giving a little more throttle until the water is flowing over the ski. This move is not for those trying to stay dry! lol.

hmmm, no,,, the 3 seaters have dif center of gravity. The RXP and GTX have totally dif handling characteristics. The best sponsons I found to keep the GTX/RXT playful are the stock ones... if you want real tight grip then aftermarket adjusted down...
    I`d say it`ll be hard pressed to completely get the large platform spun around backwards without rolling it...

+1
    thanks guys!

Thread Information